44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13170

World Series Game #1

SF @ KC : KC +103 to win.
    SF @ KC: over 5.5 -148.

18/281.231.20/27
    Last edited by 44 Mag; 10-18-14 at 11:59 AM.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19587

Think you're making a mistake betting against the best post-season baseball team in recent memory (yes, that includes the Yankees). Love the over 6.5 at even money.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    Think you're making a mistake betting against the best post-season baseball team in recent memory (yes, that includes the Yankees). Love the over 6.5 at even money.
    You may be correct. Bumgarner is obviously the better pitcher, but I don't think he has had enough rest. Pitched a ton during the regular season and quite a few post season, and throws a lot of strikeouts, meaning a lot of pitches. Shields will have had ten days rest, KC @ home, playing fundamental baseball, and at the small + line, I'll take my chances with the team of "destiny". LOL. BOL in your wagers. Leaning over in that game myself.

laclippers504
    laclippers504's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

You guys like the over?

Seems like perfect situation for low scoring game no?

Madison is a beast on the road and being a left hander he can neutralize the run game a bit.

And even though the Giants are clutch and undoubtedly will continue to be do you guys see them putting up alot of runs on Shields?

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by atscover View Post
    MadBum has the most consecutive scoreless ip in road postseason history, and his arm is in good shape. gets a lot of strikeouts but throws strikes, hasn't gone over 109 pitches in any postseason start so far, and pitching on normal rest - hes good
    I know he is good, I stated so above. I will assume you are going the other way and look forward to reading your post. BOL in your wagers and enjoy the series.

KANSAS24
    KANSAS24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2187

Well we agree on something! Kc$$$

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by KANSAS24 View Post
    Well we agree on something! Kc$$$
    We agree on a lot of things.

YouHave2outs
    YouHave2outs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

Giants is the play here. gl

RollinDo
    Pickin' up Momentum with every lost Bet!
    RollinDo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5251

KC +1...did this 3 straight times and really didn't have to sweat it.
    I think Orioles are as good if not better than Giants.
    KC takes game 1 or at least makes it interesting.
    Will take my chances with them at +1.
    Can't go solely on the starting pitching match-up.
    I will say when Shields has started this post-season, seems Royals give him good run support.
    I don't like the Under here...thinking actually the No Score 1st is a solid bet though...probably Lotsa juice.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by RollinDo View Post
    I will say when Shields has started this post-season, seems Royals give him good run support.
    I don't like the Under here...thinking actually the No Score 1st is a solid bet though...probably Lotsa juice.
    BOL in whatever you decide.

AchillesTG
    AchillesTG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6000

I am leaning KC, but the following stat gives me pause on the Over. Madbum has crazy stats not allowing stolen bases. This could figure prominently in the O/U.

In Bumgarner’s last 29 starts, including the four in the current playoffs, the opposition has been successful on just two of ten steal attempts.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by AchillesTG View Post
    I am leaning KC, but the following stat gives me pause on the Over. Madbum has crazy stats not allowing stolen bases. This could figure prominently in the O/U.

In Bumgarner’s last 29 starts, including the four in the current playoffs, the opposition has been successful on just two of ten steal attempts.
    Interesting stat. However, I doubt either pitcher goes more than 6 innings each, and most of the games KC have won have come in the later innings, same for SF I believe. I give KC the edge in bullpen efficiency. BOL in whatever you decide.

GIVEMETHEMONEY
    GIVEMETHEMONEY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4903

Quote Originally Posted by RollinDo View Post
    I tend to agree with you here RollinDo. I may even take the +1.5 on a smaller bet.

Bumgarner has been near perfect all post season but I still think the KC Royals take this game and I think they have the heart and will to win. They have certainly showed it and earned it.

ZIPPER HEAD
    ZIPPER HEAD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5106

Royals all the way to the bank tonight mag. See you at the pay window

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by ZIPPER HEAD View Post
    Hope you are correct. Did you play the tease last night in the NFL ???

RollinDo

I think all the people on the Under tonight may get burned.
    The first few games of series this year have gone Over with abundance.

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Quote Originally Posted by YouHave2outs View Post
    Giants is the play here. gl
    Agreed

YouHave2outs

Why do you doubt Bumgarner will make it into the 7th inning?

And everyone keeps talking about how much better the Royals pen is than the Giants...look at the numbers...Yes, the Royals have the hard throwing hammers and they have been nails as of late, but if you look at the numbers over the course of this season the Giants bullpen honestly ranks higher by a lot of advanced metrics - and they wouldn't be in the world series right now if they weren't on point as well. The Giants have a totally complete pen and no one I'd rather see managing it. Not that I'm putting stock in this when I handicap the game, but I was reading some hilarious thing about they're coming up with a WAR for managers and Boch is tops all time based largely on bullpen handling. I digress.

As for the series, I'm not betting a dime on it. But I do have Bumgarner in game 1 at -102. The model I use has the Giants at -103, but I feel there is some stock to be put into a few factors. The Royals ranked 30th in the league in BB%, 30th in the league in isolated power by my rankings, and are 27th in the league in isolated power over their last 15 games. They need to put the ball in play and steal bases /play small ball the majority of the time to get runs. So it's good they strike out less by % than any other team, but Bumgarner will still get his at over 9k/9 and over 5/1 K/BB (ranking 28th and 20th respectively in the MLB this year). Also if they are able to get runners on, I don't think they will be as successful as people think running on Posey, at least in game 1 as someone already pointed out. Bumgarner is one of the better pitchers in the league at holding people on. BABIP and wOBA are basically a wash in this World Series matchup and neither team has been particularly hot with the bats at all.

It isn't much of a factor into my wager, but I do feel that the coaching and experience can only help the Giants. People saying what experience? Panda? Posey? But if you really look at the rosters, it is obvious the Giants players have tons more postseason experience overall in their careers. This is only the 3rd game of this postseason I have more than an 'action' wager on. I'll take the Giants in game 1 up to -110. BOL

riffraff24
    ...and out come the wolves
    riffraff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Why do you doubt Bumgarner will make it into the 7th inning?

And everyone keeps talking about how much better the Royals pen is than the Giants...look at the numbers...Yes, the Royals have the hard throwing hammers and they have been nails as of late, but if you look at the numbers over the course of this season the Giants bullpen honestly ranks higher by a lot of advanced metrics - and they wouldn't be in the world series right now if they weren't on point as well. The Giants have a totally complete pen and no one I'd rather see managing it. Not that I'm putting stock in this when I handicap the game, but I was reading some hilarious thing about they're coming up with a WAR for managers and Boch is tops all time based largely on bullpen handling. I digress.

As for the series, I'm not betting a dime on it. But I do have Bumgarner in game 1 at -102. The model I use has the Giants at -103, but I feel there is some stock to be put into a few factors. The Royals ranked 30th in the league in BB%, 30th in the league in isolated power by my rankings, and are 27th in the league in isolated power over their last 15 games. They need to put the ball in play and steal bases /play small ball the majority of the time to get runs. So it's good they strike out less by % than any other team, but Bumgarner will still get his at over 9k/9 and over 5/1 K/BB (ranking 28th and 20th respectively in the MLB this year). Also if they are able to get runners on, I don't think they will be as successful as people think running on Posey, at least in game 1 as someone already pointed out. Bumgarner is one of the better pitchers in the league at holding people on. BABIP and wOBA are basically a wash in this World Series matchup and neither team has been particularly hot with the bats at all.

It isn't much of a factor into my wager, but I do feel that the coaching and experience can only help the Giants. People saying what experience? Panda? Posey? But if you really look at the rosters, it is obvious the Giants players have tons more postseason experience overall in their careers. This is only the 3rd game of this postseason I have more than an 'action' wager on. I'll take the Giants in game 1 up to -110. BOL
    Look at who the Giants bullpen faces during the year. Rockies, Padres, DBags, Dodgers? Not even close to the offensive power the Royals have seen all year. This will be some of the toughest pitching the Giants have seen.

I don't think the Royals dominate like some others, but I still like them to win the series and tonight.

BILLY MEIER
    BILLY MEIER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1676

Kc plus 2 1/2 ? or san fran plus 1 1/2? Have not made up my mind yet, san frans pitcher is a beast on the road, they tweaked his delivery so if kc gets on base it wont be easy to steal. plus shields will give up 2 to 3 runs, Bumgarner can go 9 innings and shit them out , no body woyld be surprised, he's been money on the road

riffraff24

Tractorfuk @ Royals
    0-1, 3.38 ERA, 8 IP, 7 hits, 4 runs (3 ER), 1 HR, 5 strikeouts

Shields vs Giants
    1-0, 0.00 ERA, 9 IP, 4 hits, 0 runs, 5 strikeouts

YouHave2outs

Tractorfuk World Series
    2-0, 0.00 ERA, 15 IP, 5 hits, 0 runs, 14 strikeouts

Tractorfuk Postseason
    5-3, 2.67 ERA, 67.1 IP, 54 hits, 20 ER, 60 strikeouts

Shields World Series
    No Data Available

Shields Postseason
    3-4, 5.19 ERA, 50.1 IP, 61 hits, 29 ER, 40 strikeouts

see what I did there? how's kobe doing?

BILLY MEIER
    BILLY MEIER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1676

1463252878Your New Balance Information

Available Balance: 12,510.01 USD
    Free Play Balance: 5.00 USD

Straight Bets

Description Risk Win
    Oct 21 08:05 PM EST - Baseball Props - Giants/Royals - 3032 Under 1½ Runs -450 for First Inning Total Runs
    450.00 USD 100.00 USD
    1 Straight(s) 450.00 USD 100.00 USD

Bet Slip Total Risk Win
    450.00 USD 100.00 USD

Mall Points (details): 450.00
    You’ve earned them. Use them!
    BetUS Mall
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 05-20-15 at 12:25 PM. Reason: link does not work

riffraff24

Tractorfuk World Series
    2-0, 0.00 ERA, 15 IP, 5 hits, 0 runs, 14 strikeouts

Tractorfuk Postseason
    5-3, 2.67 ERA, 67.1 IP, 54 hits, 20 ER, 60 strikeouts

Shields World Series
    No Data Available

Shields Postseason
    3-4, 5.19 ERA, 50.1 IP, 61 hits, 29 ER, 40 strikeouts

see what I did there? how's kobe doing?
    haha damn a little defensive are we? You fukkin Bumgarner on the side or something? Just trying to talk about the game, cool your shorts.

riffraff24

Wait...YouHave2outs, is this you?

Name:  887e2f9f6be93c8c4ee455c44b265d05.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  45.8 KB

YouHave2outs

Quote Originally Posted by riffraff24 View Post
    haha damn a little defensive are we? You fukkin Bumgarner on the side or something? Just trying to talk about the game, cool your shorts.
    the irony, gl bro

riffraff24

the irony, gl bro
    haha you too. all in fun

RollinDo

This postseason has been one where you just gotta go with your gut instead of stats, match-ups, etc.
    Both teams are hot.
    I just like KC because they get it done in so many ways and you can never count them out.
    No way can I go vs a team that has won 10 straight games, including 7 straight vs arguable the best 2 teams in the mlb this season. With that said, MadBum does give Giants an edge in every road game he pitches.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

OK, everybody has valid points. I remember the best pitcher in MLB getting "lit up" 2x. I still think Bum has not had enough rest in between post season starts, and let's face it, he wasn't that sharp against STL in his last game, you know the walk off homer by some semi-Asian guy ?. Anyway, we all know Shields most likely will give a few runs, but, like I said, home field, fundamental baseball, stealing of bases, timely hitting and by far the "hottest" bullpen all leads me to believe KC is primed and ready. At "you have Two Outs" KC's pen is better, check the stats for yourself. Everybody knows it but you. BOL to all, I am adding some wagers here.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by 44 Mag View Post
    SF @ KC : KC +103 to win. Loss
    SF @ KC: over 5.5 -148. WIN

18/281.231.20/27
    Adding: SF TT: over 3. WIN
    KC TT: over 3. Loss
    Last edited by 44 Mag; 10-22-14 at 09:28 AM.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by BILLY MEIER View Post
    Kc plus 2 1/2 ? or san fran plus 1 1/2? Have not made up my mind yet, san frans pitcher is a beast on the road, they tweaked his delivery so if kc gets on base it wont be easy to steal. plus shields will give up 2 to 3 runs, Bumgarner can go 9 innings and shit them out , no body woyld be surprised, he's been money on the road
    Bum is not going 9 innings and pitching a shut out, are you serious, game 1 of the world series. This is not Sandy Koufax. LOL.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

By the way, while we are at it, who the F.... names a guy Madison??? LOL. Isn't Bumgarner a bad enough name to go through life with.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Tractorfuk @ Royals
    0-1, 3.38 ERA, 8 IP, 7 hits, 4 runs (3 ER), 1 HR, 5 strikeouts

Shields vs Giants
    1-0, 0.00 ERA, 9 IP, 4 hits, 0 runs, 5 strikeouts
    Too funny.

brellis23
    Update your status
    brellis23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5621

Quote Originally Posted by 44 Mag View Post
    SF @ KC : KC +103 to win.
    SF @ KC: over 5.5 -148.

18/281.231.20/27
    How do I decipher you overall record? 18/281.231.20/27?? Tough to bet against Royals here but I think they have had too much time off for this hot streak to continue.. And I played against Bumgarner in high school ball and think he continues his great road pitching even on the short rest. I'm banking on Giants getting ahead when Shields is on the mound before the 7th inning because Herrera, Davis, and Holland won't let up a run. Best of luck 44 its gonna be a good one

GIVEMETHEMONEY
    GIVEMETHEMONEY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4903

Quote Originally Posted by ZIPPER HEAD View Post
    If you win ZipperHead you get to buy the beers tonight at Joe's Bar and Grill of course (Yes I am the owner) haha!!

12 Last