RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

KC bullpen essentially has a big three, and the manager puts in a starting pitcher that hasnt even been pitching well lately...why? Was he trying to gift Oakland some runs? Makes me question the integrity of the game...it literally made no sense.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Yep and a rookie to boot with 2 on zero out. Ventura has been nails this year and possibly even there best starter at times. But absolutely moronic to put him in relief for that spot. Not complaining as an Oak fan tho

bluetooth3
    bluetooth3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    KC bullpen essentially has a big three, and the manager puts in a starting pitcher that hasnt even been pitching well lately...why? Was he trying to gift Oakland some runs? Makes me question the integrity of the game...it literally made no sense.
    The big 3 were to be used in the 7th, 8th, and 9th. Yost wasnt going to try and use those more than 1 inning. Just taking guys out of their usual element and make them do something they arent used to doing. The 6th was going to be Shield's last inning. They nearly had what they wanted. Now what boggles me is, they had to have this scenario played out, I want to know who said Ventura is their first guy out the pen? I was happy to see Shields leave and Ventura enter because I know Ventura was going to throw only fastballs.

gwills
    gwills's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 772

One of the most idiotic coaching / managing decisions I've seen in a LONG time

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22592

Not sure why either???

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

Not sure why Shields got yanked. They are the Royals. What do you expect from a team that has been losing for 75 years...lol...

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

The Royals were prancing around Arrowhead Stadium last night. Heard they went out and partied last night with Jamal Charles. The Royals had no intentions of leaving KC after tonight... lol...

Christopher1991
    Christopher1991's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3937

It's baseball,you get these strange decisions daily.

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

are you implying Ned Yost threw the game?

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Well I realize that was like a playoff win for Queefs last night....or close as they will ever get lol. But if they seriously got that carried away partying about a future 7-9 team winning a meaningless mnf gm, while setting a meaningless record in process , with tonight's big gm looming well.....
    Last edited by R.P. McMurphy; 09-30-14 at 09:40 PM.

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post
    are you implying Ned Yost threw the game?

Lol I was, but I was exaggerating. I just dont understand some of the logic in some decisions managers will make. Its like they never had intent on winning the game, so when they are leading the game, they do something so idiotic to giveup that lead. Like I wonder what his logic was in that?

bluetooth3
    bluetooth3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Lol I was, but I was exaggerating. I just dont understand some of the logic in some decisions managers will make. Its like they never had intent on winning the game, so when they are leading the game, they do something so idiotic to giveup that lead. Like I wonder what his logic was in that?
    He needed 3 outs, he had to piece together his pen to make 3 outs so that he could have Herrera, Davis, and Holland for the last 3 innings. His player just didnt get it done. Tough spot for Ventura there, they just didnt get it done. This thread could easily have been "why did yost go to his guys so early." Got to remember there were 2 on with no outs in the 6th and still had to get 12 outs from that pen. A single base hit wastes an appearance by Herrera as he now 1. Will be forced to go multiple innings, or Davis will be forced to, or 2. Yost will have shown his hand early in the game and in a possible tied game late innings, wouldnt have had his guys and then be forced to mix and match late in the game. Just a tough decision either way. In this situation, it didnt work out for the Royals.