GIVEMETHEMONEY
    GIVEMETHEMONEY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4903

Labor Day Early Leans

I like Baltimore and Miami.

Can anyone tell me why I shouldn't take both of these teams at home?

BILLY MEIER
    BILLY MEIER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1676

Off topic but im hooked on live bets, Problem is my book decides what games they offer, just wondering if u plan on betting live?

GIVEMETHEMONEY

Quote Originally Posted by BILLY MEIER View Post
    Off topic but im hooked on live bets, Problem is my book decides what games they offer, just wondering if u plan on betting live?
    Probably not but I need to learn more about betting live.

What did you have in mind?

Which of these teams do you like for the win?

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13182

PITCHING MATCHUP: Twins RH Phil Hughes (14-9, 3.70 ERA) vs. Orioles RH Kevin Gausman (7-6, 3.84)

Hughes took a two-hit shutout into the eighth inning in his last outing against Kansas City, but ended up taking the loss and was charged with four runs on seven hits in 7 2/3 innings. The defeat halted a four-start winning streak, a stretch in which Hughes allowed only four runs in 27 1/3 innings. Hughes is 7-5 with a 5.06 ERA in 21 career appearances (18 starts) against Baltimore, including a victory on May 4 when he gave up two runs and six hits in 6 1/3 innings.

Gausman was briefly sent down to the Florida Gulf Coast League to give the Orioles some roster flexibility and is now back up. He has lost three of his last four starts and has gone five innings or less in three of them. Gausman is 4-4 with a 4.40 ERA in eight home starts this season.

WALK-OFFS

1. Joseph is 8-for-20 with three RBIs over his last five games.

2. Minnesota LF Jordan Schafer had two hits on Sunday as his hitting streak reached 11 games, while Dozier extended his hitting streak to 10 contests.

3. Markakis is 16-for-50 with two homers and seven RBIs against Hughes, and Baltimore CF Adam Jones is only 8-for-44 despite also recording two homers and seven RBIs.

PREDICTION: Orioles 6, Twins 5

BOSSTED FROM COVERS. Looks more like an over to me. For what it is worth

GIVEMETHEMONEY

Quote Originally Posted by 44 Mag View Post
    PITCHING MATCHUP: Twins RH Phil Hughes (14-9, 3.70 ERA) vs. Orioles RH Kevin Gausman (7-6, 3.84)

Hughes took a two-hit shutout into the eighth inning in his last outing against Kansas City, but ended up taking the loss and was charged with four runs on seven hits in 7 2/3 innings. The defeat halted a four-start winning streak, a stretch in which Hughes allowed only four runs in 27 1/3 innings. Hughes is 7-5 with a 5.06 ERA in 21 career appearances (18 starts) against Baltimore, including a victory on May 4 when he gave up two runs and six hits in 6 1/3 innings.

Gausman was briefly sent down to the Florida Gulf Coast League to give the Orioles some roster flexibility and is now back up. He has lost three of his last four starts and has gone five innings or less in three of them. Gausman is 4-4 with a 4.40 ERA in eight home starts this season.

WALK-OFFS

1. Joseph is 8-for-20 with three RBIs over his last five games.

2. Minnesota LF Jordan Schafer had two hits on Sunday as his hitting streak reached 11 games, while Dozier extended his hitting streak to 10 contests.

3. Markakis is 16-for-50 with two homers and seven RBIs against Hughes, and Baltimore CF Adam Jones is only 8-for-44 despite also recording two homers and seven RBIs.

PREDICTION: Orioles 6, Twins 5

BOSSTED FROM COVERS. Looks more like an over to me. For what it is worth
    5 Dimes has it listed as over 8 @ -105.

Is that what you are going to roll with 44 Mag?

BTW did you see the Baylor Bears College Game last night?

What a freaking blow out!! Baylor 45 SMU 0

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

You can get over 7.5 for -120. Leaning that way myself, but don't go by me, just info.

CDUBB_CW
    CDUBB_CW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8112

Nice write up but doesn't help me at all selecting the winner. Covers predictions are 50% correct. Score seems pretty high, not a total guy anyways.

oChRoNiCo
    DON'T TALK ABOUT IT, BE ABOUT IT SON!
    oChRoNiCo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12049

I would be weary about Miami. Zack Wheeler is 2-0 this season when these two pitchers have matched up. Also another interesting tid bit NYM are 27-19 in day games this year, while MIA are 15-26 in day games.

RollinDo
    Pickin' up Momentum with every lost Bet!
    RollinDo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5251

Like Baltimore Under today a lot

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Quote Originally Posted by oChRoNiCo View Post
    I would be weary about Miami. Zack Wheeler is 2-0 this season when these two pitchers have matched up. Also another interesting tid bit NYM are 27-19 in day games this year, while MIA are 15-26 in day games.
    Very good point. I actually like NYM and Twins. Going against both my teams lol

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by CDUBB_CW View Post
    Nice write up but doesn't help me at all selecting the winner. Covers predictions are 50% correct. Score seems pretty high, not a total guy anyways.
    I didn't write it. It is just info for GIVE.... But, I am leaning over in that game. Phil Hughes blows up quite frequently. You thing that is high??? Check out Milw. @ 10.5 !!!! They haven't hit shit lately, it took them a week to score that many. LOL.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by RollinDo View Post
    Like Baltimore Under today a lot
    Figures.

oChRoNiCo
    DON'T TALK ABOUT IT, BE ABOUT IT SON!
    oChRoNiCo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12049

Well good call on Miami. Wheeler wasn't himself today and good lord 6 errors by the mets defense not going to win any games with that pathetic effort.