eutawstreet
    eutawstreet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Advice on an open parlay strategy.....

So yesterday I liked some fav's but didnt have a great feeling on them. So to be lazy, instead of digging into what I wanted to do I just threw them in a parlay and decided to leave some open spots, a little chase for fun.

Put 4 in, left 4 open. The first 4 hit. Currently puts it at about +620, so now I have 4 open spots and since it was a BS bet to begin with, trying to work out the best way to fill the open spots and possibly hedge those additions with straight up bets on the other side.... Anyone been in this spot and tried such an approach? Or maybe better just to play some heavy fav's I like and try to get the last 4 in as winners.

tb1984
    tb1984's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1083

I assume that you're playing at 5dimes and you don't want to risk anymore and just want to cash the bet, you could put in 4 MLB player prop bets which will have no action. Check teams' lineups, then go to the MLB player prop bets page, put in bets in which players will not start.

thunderous
    Update your status
    thunderous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7111

4 is too much to hedge...get to 2 or 1 and it could be done. I would bet moderate favs I am confident about for the 5,6 and 7th spot and leave the last one for a -110 line.

eutawstreet
    eutawstreet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Quote Originally Posted by thunderous View Post
    4 is too much to hedge...get to 2 or 1 and it could be done. I would bet moderate favs I am confident about for the 5,6 and 7th spot and leave the last one for a -110 line.
    Thanks, think I agree. Went with just one more tonight with Nats ML since I was playing it anyway and liked them. Good so far, and that would get me down to three spots with a current payout on the 5 at +1120. Will prob hedge it somehow if I can hit one more.

2Shirts
    2Shirts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 381

Padres tonight