labones00
    Bo knows your sister
    labones00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3717

Umpire records

I was wondering if any of you take in to account who is behind the plate each night. I know in the NBA the refs can have a big effect on the game and the calls. Wondering if the home plate umpire should be considered when looking at games....thoughts?

mitch51
    mitch51's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8964

Quote Originally Posted by labones00 View Post
    I was wondering if any of you take in to account who is behind the plate each night. I know in the NBA the refs can have a big effect on the game and the calls. Wondering if the home plate umpire should be considered when looking at games....thoughts?
    Always, always, always. I think they have a huge effect, almost as big as the pitching. Sometimes the home plate ump just wants to go back to the hotel and have a beer, good chance for under there.

labones00
    Bo knows your sister
    labones00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3717

Thanks for the feedback, this is something I'm starting to pay more attention to. Do you think it impacts the winner of the game as much as the total?

mitch51
    mitch51's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8964

Quote Originally Posted by labones00 View Post
    Thanks for the feedback, this is something I'm starting to pay more attention to. Do you think it impacts the winner of the game as much as the total?
    Yup. Some umpires are total homers and have a great record as far as home teams go. Some umps are dog umps, they let the dogs win. But the unders are golden. Everyone is hitting the overs, helping out unders even more. The umps have a lot bigger influence than I ever thought they would.