JBasketballjr
    JBasketballjr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 562

Wednesday Winner MLB!

8/6/14
    Royals @ Diamondbacks
    Royals -125
    The Royals are quietly making a run at the wild card spot inthe AL. They’ve won 10 of their last 13 and won 12-2 against the D’Backsyesterday. Offense has been the biggest struggle for this team all year longbut they’ve put up 39 hits in their last 3 games. They’ve also been playingwell on the road, so with the D’Backs having absolutely no home fieldadvantage, this one sets up as a good “spot.” KC’s offense most likely won’tstay hot for a long period, but with the way they are hitting right now thisteam is definitely worth riding.
    Pitching is one of the strong points of the Royals as acollective unit. Yordano Ventura is back to his dominant form after allowingonly 1 earned run last start against the Twins. He’s put together a string ofgood starts and this is the first time that Arizona will have seen him, a sureadvantage. The hard throwing flamethrower is dominant when his command is on,and things seem to be clicking for him right now.
    The overrated Josh Collmenter takes the hill for the Snakes.Collmenter is a guy who throws straight as a line with low velocity. He’s beenup and down the last couple of weeks, putting together a few quality outingswith some poor ones. He’s not the worst pitcher in the world, but a significantadvantage is directed towards Ventura. The Royals also have an offensiveadvantage with the way they are currently swinging the sticks. Throw in thefact that the D’Backs best player, Paul Goldschmidt, is on the shelf, and thisprice seems to be cheap. Take the Royals.

Amadeo-Picks
    Amadeo-Picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3492

This is a must , couldn't agree more . Another play I have for early game is the under 8.5 total runs for twins/padres at +100 . You should look into it , worth small play for early game

JBasketballjr
    JBasketballjr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 562

That Padres UNDER looks solid! GL AP.

RollinDo
    Pickin' up Momentum with every lost Bet!
    RollinDo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5251

Guys. I'm failing to see why the Under is solid here.
    The wind blowing in?
    These starters are a big downgrade from yesterday's game.
    I saw Despaigne pitch last game and he is awful. Correia ' s stats at home not too good.
    Please enlighten me.

Amadeo-Picks

Quote Originally Posted by RollinDo View Post
    Guys. I'm failing to see why the Under is solid here.
    The wind blowing in?
    These starters are a big downgrade from yesterday's game.
    I saw Despaigne pitch last game and he is awful. Correia ' s stats at home not too good.
    Please enlighten me.
    Before his last start vs cardinals the Cuban rookie had 6 straight with 2 ER or less , the twins aren't the cardinals . Worth it for small wager

RollinDo

Twins aren't Cards...that scares me.
    Twins are better offensively.
    I will take a look at the numbers more...daytime hitting between the 2 clubs.

Amadeo-Picks

Twins aren't Cards...that scares me.
    Twins are better offensively.
    I will take a look at the numbers more...daytime hitting between the 2 clubs.
    The cardinals at home for some reason have a nack to smack rookies around , before this one I remmber they put a good beating on degrom . 2 starts later he went on roll he is on now.

Amadeo-Picks

I just think 8.5 at even value is worth it with San Diego playing , 7.5 would of been a pass but 8.5 I like it

RollinDo

Still don't like it.
    GL on it though

Amadeo-Picks

Still don't like it.
    GL on it though
    Do yu have a any plays for this game ?

im leaning towards padres , I really like this Cuban kid

RollinDo

Maybe it's because I only saw Despaigne pitch 1 time and he looked like a minor leaguer.I lean Twins...Padres can't outscore Twins. Pads hit Under .200 in day games.I could see a 6-4 Twins win.Not getting a good read on this game....just a pass for me.I got the Under yesterday.

bluetooth3
    bluetooth3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Like the padres here. Correia is downright terrible. He is a hit machine and I think the Padres bats will be all over him. Padres caught a little fire in that last home series and faced some solid pitchers. Hughes was tough last night but SD still out hit them 12-5. Des will do enough and I think Padres cruise. Playing the under on Any game correia is in would steer me clear.

RollinDo

Only take on Twins is Pads are horrible hitting in day games.
    Correia might hold them to 3 or 4 while Twins bats should provide more than that.
    Anyways I have more takes on about 5 other games...just giving my perspective...and since the only pitcher I have seen between the 2 is Despaigne, I am biased.

RollinDo

Wish I could see more games.
    I have seen a total of about 12 innings this season. Relying on stats is not always easy.

Blackballer
    Blackballer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 575

Correia is not the best but he should be the job done vs the Padres in a day game match. Correia hasn't pitch bad in his last outing and with the Twins hot hitting offense he should get some run support. Twins opened at around -120 but the line dropped in favor of the Padres; line is now at -108 Twins.

I am taking the Twins in this game. GLTA.

RollinDo

Pads avg. 2.75 rpg in day games.
    Twins 5 rpg.