JBasketballjr
    JBasketballjr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 562

Tuesday's Best Bet MLB!

8/5/14
    Tigers @ Yankees
    Recommendation: Tigers -134
    The Tigers obviously made a huge gain by adding David Priceto the rotation. He’s a guy who has great command, rarely going out of thestrike zone. He hits both sides of the plate with tremendous accuracy and hasgreat stuff to go along with it. Price is on extra rest after being dealt fromTampa, and he also has good lifetime success at Yankee Stadium, going 4-0 witha 1.91 ERA in his appearances in the Bronx. He also leads the league instrikeouts.
    Hiroki Kuroda remains what’s left of a starting rotationthat has been riddled with injuries. He’s pitched decent as of late, give up 3earned runs in his last start against the Rangers. He does, however, own a 5.85FIP against the Tigers current rotation. Joba Chamberlain will also be cominghome to face his former team, so if this game is close late count on Joba tocome in with a motivational edge. Miguel Cabrera has great lifetime successagainst Kuroda, and around him Detroit remains one of the best offenses in allof baseball. The Yanks squeaked one out last night, but this Tigers squad ismuch better overall so I don’t count on it happening again tonight. Take theTigers.

laclippers504
    laclippers504's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

Like it

ZIPPER HEAD
    ZIPPER HEAD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5106

I agree with Detroit but Joba comes in with motivation because it's his old team?? Only motivation he has is to hurry up and get out of the game before Burger King closes

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13170

Quote Originally Posted by ZIPPER HEAD View Post
    I agree with Detroit but Joba comes in with motivation because it's his old team?? Only motivation he has is to hurry up and get out of the game before Burger King closes

laclippers504
    laclippers504's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

Quote Originally Posted by ZIPPER HEAD View Post
    Rofl

Blackballer
    Blackballer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 575

Tigers have the leagues 3rd worst bullpen ERA but Chamerlain's ERA sits at 3.02 with 44 IP and 44 k's and opponents batting .242 against him. I wouldn't focus so much on him, he is just a reliever.
    Brian McCann though has good numbers vs Price, he is hitting 4 for 8 including 2 HRs.