Jago2008
    SoCal Living
    Jago2008's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anyone else getting tired of these 1-0 type playoff games?!

I had no-bet on this game, total, or side.

But to hear Joe-Buck say this was a "heart-racing" game, really??!

I could have strapped my TV speakers to my face during this game and still fallen asleep.

Don't get me wrong I enjoy watching two great pitchers go at it, but to see Justin Verlander have 0 runs of support in 3 of 4 starts and limit the opposition to 1 run, only to lose is ridiculous.

This is not good balanced baseball I'm sorry.

Last time I checked you need to outscore the opponent to win.

This reminds me of last year's AL conference series between NYY and Det.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Yeah I'm with you a pitchers duel is great at times but this is getting unwatchable. Think we see runs tonight I grabbed the over 7. Figured with these 2 pitchers and the unders hitting every night something has to give!

Jago2008
    SoCal Living

Additionally there's been what 45 strikeouts between both teams (I have to double check that) - Detroit n' Boston.

St. Louis is batting .145 in the playoffs so far, Dodgers not much better...

I know I'm on a rant here, but I imagine I'm not the only one feeling this way.

I'd just like to see some more adjustments.

Jago2008
    SoCal Living

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    Yeah I'm with you a pitchers duel is great at times but this is getting unwatchable. Think we see runs tonight I grabbed the over 7. Figured with these 2 pitchers and the unders hitting every night something has to give!
    I hope you hit it bro, I might live-bet this game. I need to see what type of contact these batters are making.

Let's just hope it's not another penetrating 1-0, 2-0 game.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

MLB gonna take a backseat to Hockey in no time.

Jago2008
    SoCal Living

Quote Originally Posted by KiDBaZkiT View Post
    MLB gonna take a backseat to Hockey in no time.
    Man I need to get into more NHL, I've been working on so much MLB, CFB, NFL, and Tennis I feel like I'm missing a really great sport.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Thanks Jago! My boy riff raff is sitting in left field. Hopefully he gets a couple shots his way from the Doyers preferably!

Jago2008
    SoCal Living

Thanks Jago! My boy riff raff is sitting in left field. Hopefully he gets a couple shots his way from the Doyers preferably!
    Oh yeah for sure, I know riff raff is a big Dodgers fan heh, same with many of my friends in LA, all at the stadium.

Ok Cardinals get the first base-runner ...

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32291

1-0 games are the best, but I'm old school.
    Nothing better than a 1-0 game, man on first, no outs, playing along with the manager, will he bunt? will the hit and run be on? Straight steal, swing away........

But that's just me.

Jago2008
    SoCal Living

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Nothing better than a 1-0 game, man on first, no outs, playing along with the manager, will he bunt? will the hit and run be on? Straight steal, swing away........

But that's just me.
    Nothing wrong with being old school, in fact I appreciate your approach to baseball.

I just wonder what this does for naive audiences. As I type this Holliday CRUSHES a 2-run HR.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Jago2008 View Post
    Nothing wrong with being old school, in fact I appreciate your approach to baseball.

I just wonder what this does for naive audiences. As I type this Holliday CRUSHES a 2-run HR.
    And I am on the Cards like stink on poop

Jago2008
    SoCal Living

And I am on the Cards like stink on poop
    Yeah I remember reading a thread where you said you had a strong play on the Cards. There was a lot of value on that Cards line. Good luck.

I live-bet the Dodgers +2.5 -110 so hopefully we can middle and both be happy.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

But that's just me.
    This

It's baseball. There are other sports to watch right now, like pre season NBA.

BMoreBird
    Update your status
    BMoreBird's Avatar Become A Pro!

i love 1-0 games. pitching is dominating. its way more exciting when a run feels like its almost impossible to get.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Looked promising headed to the 5th but fizzled out again. Congrats UN backers the train keeps rolling!

shookid
    shookid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1958

pitching does not win championships. timely hitting does

AchillesTG
    AchillesTG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6000

If MLB would just allow PED's again. the scores would be 8 - 5 instead of 1 - 0.

Funny, but probably True!

BeatingBaseball
    It's all about the price
    BeatingBaseball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 70

But that's just me.
    Two of us.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Jago was not saying we need 6-4 games everynight and I certainly was not. Just saying some balance would be nice and these low scoring affairs are not just do to great pitching but sloppy play on offense. So far this post season we have seen guys whiffing at pitches a foot off the plate on 3-2 counts, bad base running, lack of clutch hitting numerous times. Don't mind a low scoring game myself where pitchers dominate but not every game. Especially when it's crappy play on offense leading to some of these 1-0 type games.

Jago2008
    SoCal Living

Quote Originally Posted by I/O View Post

This

It's baseball. There are other sports to watch right now, like pre season NBA.
    So you're implying because I said I'd like some distribution in scoring I should instead watch meaningless pre-season basketball?
    Last edited by Jago2008; 10-16-13 at 03:24 PM.

Jago2008
    SoCal Living

Looked promising headed to the 5th but fizzled out again. Congrats UN backers the train keeps rolling!
    It was close bro! Dodgers kept grouding into double plays, got too anxious. And Punto being picked off from second was borderline ridiculous, how do you make such a mental error...

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by Jago2008 View Post
    I had no-bet on this game, total, or side.

But to hear Joe-Buck say this was a "heart-racing" game, really??!

I could have strapped my TV speakers to my face during this game and still fallen asleep.

Don't get me wrong I enjoy watching two great pitchers go at it, but to see Justin Verlander have 0 runs of support in 3 of 4 starts and limit the opposition to 1 run, only to lose is ridiculous.

This is not good balanced baseball I'm sorry.

Last time I checked you need to outscore the opponent to win.

This reminds me of last year's AL conference series between NYY and Det.
    fukk joe bukk.

let vin scully do the broadcast

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

Maybe, these fukks should stop calling bad pitches strikes. Ramirez was just struck out on a 3-2 count with pitch that was not even close. Seriously, when will they just replace these stupid umpires with a simple robot.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    fukk joe bukk.

Costas and Kaat

Ken Singleton or Jerry Remy are way up om the analyst list too.

I'm a student of the game, been obsessed with baseball since I was eight.
    I am not saying I am a know it all, am not, nobody is, but I want an analyst to listen too that can actually tell me something I did not know.

Kaat does/did that, Singleton has arrived, Singleton has turned himself from a good baseball TV analyst to a great one.
    Remy has been getting it done for 2 decades plus.

I want those guys on my TV during post season, I like T-Mac a lot, but he goes off on those goofy tangents, but when T-Mac is on top of his game, he is an elite, too bad he drifts a lot.

I don't want Buck, he brings nothing, unlike his daddy. His "Inning Over" call is lame.
    TBS should blow up their whole crew, they suck. Pedro in the pregame booth is pretty good though.

Ron Darling is supposed to be the next big thing in analysts, TBS just gave him a pimp contract, and a gazillion dollars to go with it, he's smart, he's good, but he's a vanilla listen though.

MLBtv's whole crew is outstanding, with the exception of Mitch Williams, most times after Mitch says something, I am like "wha? And his stop and go delivery is brutal.

Jago2008
    SoCal Living

Costas and Kaat

Ken Singleton or Jerry Remy are way up om the analyst list too.

I'm a student of the game, been obsessed with baseball since I was eight.
    I am not saying I am a know it all, am not, nobody is, but I want an analyst to listen too that can actually tell me something I did not know.

Kaat does/did that, Singleton has arrived, Singleton has turned himself from a good baseball TV analyst to a great one.
    Remy has been getting it done for 2 decades plus.

I want those guys on my TV during post season, I like T-Mac a lot, but he goes off on those goofy tangents, but when T-Mac is on top of his game, he is an elite, too bad he drifts a lot.

I don't want Buck, he brings nothing, unlike his daddy. His "Inning Over" call is lame.
    TBS should blow up their whole crew, they suck. Pedro in the pregame booth is pretty good though.

Ron Darling is supposed to be the next big thing in analysts, TBS just gave him a pimp contract, and a gazillion dollars to go with it, he's smart, he's good, but he's a vanilla listen though.

MLBtv's whole crew is outstanding, with the exception of Mitch Williams, most times after Mitch says something, I am like "wha? And his stop and go delivery is brutal.
    Haha, I completely agree, you know Matt Vasgersian used to do the play-by-play here with Mark Grant for the San Diego Padres, he was always verbose, and his sense of humor fit baseball. Additionally he always had a knack for statistics which I appreciated, now he has that cushy job w/ mlb network. As for Mitch Williams every time he begins to speak I feel like he's going to have a stroke.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

i have enjoyed Gary Sheffield

Jago2008
    SoCal Living

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post

fukk joe bukk.

It's funny you bring that up I just saw "For the love of the game" with Kevin Costner, a pitcher for the Detroit Tigers, and the entire time Vin Scully is narrating his perfect game. I kept saying to myself "this doesn't feel right"...

Quote Originally Posted by frugalgambler View Post
    Maybe, these fukks should stop calling bad pitches strikes. Ramirez was just struck out on a 3-2 count with pitch that was not even close. Seriously, when will they just replace these stupid umpires with a simple robot.
    Yes there's been a lot of questionable calls, a lot of borderline strikes being called. With that said I'm surprised by the lack of control @ the plate by some of the hitters, swinging away at all these breaking balls and sliders, it's no surprise pitchers keep serving those up. I know the playoffs are generally low-scoring, every player wants to make an impact and is swinging for the fences, but sometimes it feels like the ump crew has a reservation at a local restaurant they need to get too.
    Last edited by Jago2008; 10-16-13 at 04:43 PM.