BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Who is your most UNDERRATED MLB player the first half?? Mine's easy.

Jean Segura.
    It's not even close to me.

Matt Harvey Rookie of the year? Not so fast. It's not a lock yet, although it's his to lose after the first half he's had. The Cy young would have been easy as well, but the Mets are going to shut him down early and start limiting his pitches a little lower in the 2nd half as well.
    Puig of course has a chance, but he's only played a month so let's not get crazy with him yet.

This kid Segura is such a sick talent. It sucks he's on the Brewers just like Harvey is fukked on the MEts.

Has anyone actually WATCHED Segura????
    His numbers are awesome of course. Got like 30 sb's also.
    Future Gold Glover, his range is off the charts. I've seen him make a handful of amazing plays this year. Cannon for an arm, all the tools. How has he been in the minors for 5 years???????????

Go look up this kid's stats and ask yourself how you haven't heard about him more often?

I understand he's an All-Star and he's got a name already, but I STILL think this guy hasn't gotten enough credit with the shit team he's on, and having to be in the steroid baby's (Braun) shadow and drama all year.
    Gomez will fade and isn't the player he has been this first half, but I think Segura is for real and not a first half fluke.

Who you guys like for your most underrated first half player?

EDIT: Before the attack, It was pointed out Harvey and Segura aren't ROY eligible. That sucks really because I'm sure they both barely qualified last year.
    Last edited by BennyBigNuts; 07-16-13 at 08:56 AM.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Harvey is a good choice, how about the kid from the Dodgers Puig???? I do not think his expecatations were this high .Colon???? Craig of STL???

BennyBigNuts

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Harvey is a good choice, how about the kid from the Dodgers Puig???? I do not think his expecatations were this high .Colon???? Craig of STL???
    Craig is a good one.
    Hard to give Colon credit cuz he's been busted for roids a cpl different times now.
    I mentioned Puig in the post, but he's definitely not underrated.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I do not know how Colon is throwing fukkin bullets still after all these years and he seems clean???? NO WAY!!!

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Saw his range and arm in person the last Dbacks series. He made one great play, cannon for an arm. Hard to imagine the Brewers are so lousy with such great place setters. Aoki is the hardest guy in the majors to strike out, then you have Segura with his speed, and Gomez is having a career year. I like Lucroy as well. Underrated offensively.

Mine would probably be Manny Machado. Has the 3rd highest WAR in the Majors, 2nd in hits to Miguel Cabrera, leads the majors in doubles by 9, 5th in defensive fielding percentage, and leads the Majors in DWAR at his respective position. Chris Davis getting all the headlines and he's been flying under the radar a little on that team. I know he's an All-Star, but he's still not getting the recognition for the year he is having.

BennyBigNuts

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    Saw his range and arm in person the last Dbacks series. He made one great play, cannon for an arm. Hard to imagine the Brewers are so lousy with such great place setters. Aoki is the hardest guy in the majors to strike out, then you have Segura with his speed, and Gomez is having a career year. I like Lucroy as well. Underrated offensively.

Mine would probably be Manny Machado. Has the 3rd highest WAR in the Majors, 2nd in hits to Miguel Cabrera, leads the majors in doubles by 9, 5th in defensive fielding percentage, and leads the Majors in DWAR at his respective position. Chris Davis getting all the headlines and he's been flying under the radar a little on that team. I know he's an All-Star, but he's still not getting the recognition for the year he is having.
    On the money like always.
    It is shocking how horrid the Brewers are with that lineup. Should be .500 at worst even with that toilet bullpen they have.

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Hey Benny. Hate to break it to you, but I don't think Harvey is even eligible for Rookie-of-the-Year.

I am pretty sure Harvey topped 50 innings last year, which would make him ineligible.

Same with Segura. I don't think he is eligible. I can't imagine he did not top 130 ABs last year. He had to.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

John Jaso- Oakland A's Catcher

Very good defensive catcher...
    Works the count better than anybody and draws a lot of walks.

clutch hitter too.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Matt Harvey underrated???

people already act like he's the best pitcher in the game. ESPN sucks his wang 24/7

BennyBigNuts

Quote Originally Posted by SamDiamond View Post
    Hey Benny. Hate to break it to you, but I don't think Harvey is even eligible for Rookie-of-the-Year.

I am pretty sure Harvey topped 50 innings last year, which would make him ineligible.

Same with Segura. I don't think he is eligible. I can't imagine he did not top 130 ABs last year. He had to.
    Damn WTF
    I didn't know it was that low on the requirements. They are both ineligible probably. Harvey is for sure I know he pitched 55 innings last year or something in the 50's.
    I don't look up stats when I post. Coulda sworn you needed more than 50 innings. That sucks for him.

BennyBigNuts

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post

people already act like he's the best pitcher in the game. ESPN sucks his wang 24/7
    No one said Matt Harvey was underrated. You're not reading it.

bballs84
    bballs84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40233

It's Josh Donaldson hands down and not close

SamDiamond

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    Damn WTF
    I didn't know it was that low on the requirements. They are both ineligible probably. Harvey is for sure I know he pitched 55 innings last year or something in the 50's.
    I don't look up stats when I post. Coulda sworn you needed more than 50 innings. That sucks for him.
    I just looked it up to confirm.

Both Harvey and Segura are not eligible for ROY.

Underrated Player(s).

I have a few.

Mike Leake (SP) Reds. Leake barely took the #5 starter spot for the Reds coming out of camp. Chapman almost bumped him to middle relief.

What has Leake done?

8-4, 2.69 ERA.

SamDiamond

I have another.

Paul Goldschmidt.

How many people outside of Arizona know about this guy?

He's batting .313, 21 HR, 77 RBI, and 9 SB.

He's on pace for a monster 35 HR/120 RBI/15 SB season.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32231

Correct, he is not.

Jimmy Loney .315 .366 OBA.
    Not your prototypical first baseman, but getting it done from day one all season.

Josh Donaldson 16-61 .310, rock solid .379 OBA
    Considering he plays in a graveyard that is Oakland, those numbers are muy impressive.

Koji Uehara 44 games pitched in relief.
    60 K's in 42 IP's (do the math)
    1.70 ERA 0.76 WH/IP

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I do not know how Colon is throwing fukkin bullets still after all these years and he seems clean???? NO WAY!!!
    Stem Cell.

Manning too.

ChalkyDog

I have another.

Paul Goldschmidt.

How many people outside of Arizona know about this guy?

He's batting .313, 21 HR, 77 RBI, and 9 SB.

He's on pace for a monster 35 HR/120 RBI/15 SB season.
    I am telling you, I have never heard the type of sound come off a bat like his when he connects. It's unique. Dude is an absolute beast, and will be for years.

Guy almost is good enough to talk me into buying a jersey of his. To be childish about it, he's probably my favorite player in the bigs right now, and most likely has been since Grace or Dawson.
    Last edited by ChalkyDog; 07-16-13 at 09:25 AM.

ChalkyDog

It's due to the fact that a lot of folks were saying he is as good if not better than Strasburg, and the majority of those who were hearing that just brushed it off as "stupidity".

Harvey is fantastic pitcher who embraces media and lives plays in NYC. There is no greater recipe for success in MLB as far as media attention goes.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    It's due to the fact that a lot of folks were saying he is as good if not better than Strasburg, and the majority of those who were hearing that just brushed it off as "stupidity".

Harvey is fantastic pitcher who embraces media and lives plays in NYC. There is no greater recipe for success in MLB as far as media attention goes.
    Harvey is good.. no doubt about that. He's definitely a little arrogant and acts like a pretty boy but i guess that comes with the territory.

stevenash

Harvey is every bit as good as Stras, is more durable, and IMO has a better arsenal

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Harvey is every bit as good as Stras, is more durable, and IMO has a better arsenal
    Hell, it might have been you that I gleaned the idea of him being the better pitcher. When I paid a lot for the kid in my drafts this year, basically mirroring your sentiment, I was given shit like there was no tomorrow.

I know for a fact it was some posts on SBR that caused me to look into, and ultimately buy into the kid.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Harvey may get rocked tonight though... that AL line-up just might light him up

stevenash

Hell, it might have been you that I gleaned the idea of him being the better pitcher. When I paid a lot for the kid in my drafts this year, basically mirroring your sentiment, I was given shit like there was no tomorrow.

I know for a fact it was some posts on SBR that caused me to look into, and ultimately buy into the kid.

I got hammered for insisting that Trout is not just better than Harper, but it's not even close.
    I haven't heard from those chirpers in a long time.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

i think the indians. they are right there somehow with a bunch of mediocre pitchers; brantley and kipnis are solid players

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

another Met, and an actual rookie... Josh Satin has had a nice start

SamDiamond

Advantage Harvey tonight.

It's one inning. And while he is facing the best hitters in the AL, they still haven't seen him yet.

Unless he makes a ton of mistakes, you still have to give him the edge tonight.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Advantage Harvey tonight.

It's one inning. And while he is facing the best hitters in the AL, they still haven't seen him yet.

Unless he makes a ton of mistakes, you still have to give him the edge tonight.
    dayumm he only gets to pitch 1 inning?

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Harvey, Kershaw, and Corbin are going to make the AL look dumb. NL wins again. AL all show, no team ball. All long balls and hype. It's the fundamentals and team game that win this shit show of a game.

stevenash

John Jaso- Oakland A's Catcher

Very good defensive catcher...
    Works the count better than anybody and draws a lot of walks.

clutch hitter too.
    All Oakland hitters work the pitchers. It's the Money Ball way.

SamDiamond

dayumm he only gets to pitch 1 inning?
    It's an All-Star game man, this your first year watching it?

How many innings do you think these guys go?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

It's an All-Star game man, this your first year watching it?

How many innings do you think these guys go?
    i thought starting pitchers usually went 3 innings.

stevenash

i thought starting pitchers usually went 3 innings.
    Two at least.
    If the starter goes six up, six down, he'll get a third inning.

tevari
    purveyor of fuzzy green balls
    tevari's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

Quote Originally Posted by bballs84 View Post
    It's Josh Donaldson hands down and not close
    qft

stevenash

Carlos Gomez has the highest WAR rating in the show.

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

This allen craig is special
    I have a man crush for munenori kawasaki

12 Last