Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

Jimmy Paredes - A Hero To All Anti-Astros Betters Everywhere

I know a lot of people don't bet on the Astros anyway, but this guy has been a hero to those that are trying to make a living betting against them. Twice, in one week, he has taken out the second baseman on a fly ball. Against Detroit, he takes out Jose Altuve for the game. Last night, he hands the victory to the Pirates by taking out Altuve's replacement on the final play. We might need to check and see if this guy has any offshore accounts.
    Points Awarded:

InTheDrink gave Mr KLC 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

Points Awarded:

InTheDrink gave face 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

How do you look your teammates in the face after a play like this? I'd quit.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

it is supposed to be the outfielders ball in these type of situations though

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8999

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    it is supposed to be the outfielders ball in these type of situations though
    Yea. From Deadspin:
    "Elmore said the crowd was too loud (at PNC Park!) and that he couldn't hear whether Paredes had called him off."

My favorite part of the play is watching the pitcher celebrate getting the pop up and thinking he's got out of a bases loaded jam. Sure he was pissed.

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

that was just absolutely hilarious.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Only in '13 MLB can "Jimmy Paredes" have a job. Unbelievably, given the state of both the Astros and the Marlins, there are two organizations that would take him.

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18704

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post
    HAHAHAHAHA After reading the story, then seeing the vid, i damn near shit myself i laughed so hard

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

The kid was originally an infielder that they switched to the outfield so he could have a better shot at a spot in the majors. The transition doesn't look like it is fairing too well.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

this thread is

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Saw the game last night. I'm surprised none of the Astros players tore their labrum from waiving their arms in the air so hard to get a fly ball.

Pluthero
    Pluthero's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    Saw the game last night. I'm surprised none of the Astros players tore their labrum from waiving their arms in the air so hard to get a fly ball.
    Must be nice, I assume you've got Comcast?

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Pluthero View Post
    Must be nice, I assume you've got Comcast?
    I live in Tennessee, and have MLB Extra Innings. I assume you're in Houston. I hope they cut a deal soon for your guys. It would kill me to not have any Rockets or Astros games.

Pluthero

Gotcha. I noticed that you were an Astros fan from your previous posts and assumed (wrongly) that you lived in Houston. I live in Texas, but not Houston so I don't even have Comcast available to purchase and am blacked out for MLB.TV so I've only seen one game this year.

It kills me that they lost so many fans by putting an inferior product on the field, and then restrict access so the remaining ones can't even watch on TV.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

I can deal with the inferior product. Franchises are going to have their peaks and valleys. The Comcast issue is a whole other story though. I believe no deal has been made yet to get some cable customers to switch to Comcast. The problem is that not many fans are going to do that when you put a bottom tier playoff team in the Rockets, and a lousy team like the Astros on the air.

I'll stay an Astros fan no matter what. When I was growing up, you hardly ever saw local telecasts of the home team, so it was really nothing new. Radio was king. The younger fan is a different story though. More of these younger kids are fans of the players, and "what have you done for me lately." With the Rangers on TV regularly, this will really hurt them in my opinion. It looked like there were almost as many Ranger fans in attendance at the Minute Maid Park games this year.

Pluthero

Well said. I became a fan in '91 so the losing isn't what turned me off as much as the move to the AL, forcing out Dierker, Comcast deal, etc...