MDRTYson
    MDRTYson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 146

How Do YOU cap a game?

Curious how some of you guys do it. I'm sure everyone has some similar items but there must be things that some are doing that could help everyone. How many games do you look to play each day/week? Do you have a max game or dollar limit?

I'm looking to learn from others and I'm curious how much "capping" is done and how much "feel"? I personally have not paid a whole lot of attention to baseball for 10+ years. I'm just getting back into the sport this year and have really enjoyed betting it. A lot more so than football or basketball actually.

So to me, it's basically all data. I haven't followed it so there isn't any feel. I know the big name players but that's really it. I want to believe that may be an advantage but I'm sure there will be plenty of days where the nuances of not following the sport and certain players/parks/teams will bite me.

Curious if any of you would be willing to offer a look at the steps you take before making a bet. I'm new to this site and really enjoying it so far.

Cheers!

MDRTYson
    MDRTYson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 146

Well then. I guess I will stick to my methods.

GimpedMaster
    Go Cards!
    GimpedMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 408

Good question, I think everyone has their own strategies, tendancies etc.

For instance I see alot of guys on here who seem to focus primarily on over/unders while I rarely bet them. I think it comes down to your comfort level and what you feel your particular area of expertise is.

I suppose I'm more of a 'feel' capper. I do plenty of research on any given game before I make the investment, but I tend to have teams I bet on ALOT more often. For instance I live in the St. Louis area and am a HUGE Cards fan so I tend to bet on those games more often than others. I watch the pregame, post game, and listen to facts on the radio constantly so part of it is that I feel like I have more information about the Cards than any other team, and I've done very well this year following them at a successful clip.

How many games? Also a personal comfort level question. Lately I tend to bet on too many games, but I know my winnings are most consistent when I limit myself to 1-3 solid plays per day that I like alot. Today for instance I played 6 different games altogether and luckily 5 of them hit, but that's an abberation.