konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

Do you Fire sale the Jays at the break???

I said it at the begining of the year ...this team was overrated i thought Dickey would be ok but J Johnson???? coming off a sub par year didnt look so good Reyes I question his his durability Roid babies tend to break down he has only played over 130 twice in the last 5 year and had a 36 game year (60 day dl now) Burhrle was declining. Melky guys good but why 3 teams in the last 3 years with those numbers? Ok they are in last 13-23 there's time to right the ship you go until the break if its the same story you dump your GM that put this crap together. Then sell off some of these players for teams to inherit the salaries and hopefully pick up some minor league players to develope because they lost so many putting this team together. Thie team has ruined itself chasing for the brass ring now. I'll give them until the break if its still last place im bustin up the team.
    Last edited by konck; 05-10-13 at 11:52 AM.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

no team will want those contracts. They did Miami a big favor and seeing how it turned out no other team will take a chance at this point.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

They will need to have a very wide open pennant race in almost every division going into the end of July 31 to have any buyers really even think about taking on those contracts. No matter what you are looking at eating alot of $ even if they do have teams willing to take those vets' contracts on, you are gonna have to ship some $ too. Jays already have a top farm team, so its not like they need any more depth there.

I would say, they should stay the course and not let 40 games throw them into a panic. Come July, listen to offers and try to unload only if you don't have to eat any salary on the back end

konck
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO

Theres always going to be teams like Boston-Yanks -Texas who like the extra boost after the break an may take some money off your hands to get a shot.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

They can't do a fire sale before the season is over. They need to keep milking the fans to buy tickets to pay for those huge contracts.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

Quote Originally Posted by konck View Post
    Theres always going to be teams like Boston-Yanks -Texas who like the extra boost after the break an may take some money off your hands to get a shot.

Yanks are really doing that anymore now that George died.

konck
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    Yanks are really doing that anymore now that George died.
    Yanks still do it somewhat just not like Geo did it (BTW that guy should be HOF)

konck
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO

I think with the guys I listed above teams would assume the salaries and throw in a minor league players. Teams get desperate around the break

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

Yanks still do it somewhat just not like Geo did it (BTW that guy should be HOF)
    Yankees dont want to do it anymore

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10352

what a mess of a start for them, their pitching isn't as good as they thought it was going to be.

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

Things will turn. We know that the law of averages in baseball always seem to bring themselves into the same bucket.
    I expect the Jays will still win 85-90 games and compete for a playoff spot......even after the atrocious start.

Just about every player outside Janssen and Arencibia is underachieving......plus JP has really hurt behind the dish.

MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    They can't do a fire sale before the season is over. They need to keep milking the fans to buy tickets to pay for those huge contracts.
    The attendance has been terrible anyway.

konck
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO

I dont know this team mirrors the Marlins but at least the Marlins got there

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

They are stuck with what they have because of who the players are. The only guy with trade value is Buerle and Bautesticles. They won't trade Bautesticles though. No one wants JJ, or Reyes cuz if injuries, or a 40 year old knuckler (told you he wins 9 games this year, how's that looking konckkkkk?). Melky's career is over after roids. The Jays are stuck with what they have. They need to get it together. They still have talent to make a turnaround. It's still early. That's what happens when you overspend and gamble like they did.

konck
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO

Teams at the break look at past history and dream if they pick this player up he can revert back to his old form and help. And with some of moves the yanks made to keep them in the game maybe more teams will be dreamers. Dickey is going to finish the year like a train the story is not over yet...he has back problems. I dont see him in Toronto long though maybe the Mets can send Gee an Familia for him lol
    Last edited by konck; 05-10-13 at 06:20 PM.

Mikeyanks23
    Welcome to Darkhat Nation
    Mikeyanks23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2046

Yankees getting under the luxury tax no way they are taking on any contracts

xbalto
    xbalto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 847

Fire everyone. Life is perpetual destruction and renewal.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Kindred

Marigold HD
    Marigold HD's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47737

At least we are in the same boat as Angels.

Kindred
    Bitcoin=Freedom
    Kindred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 473

I dont know this team mirrors the Marlins but at least the Marlins got there
    Marlins handed the Dogers their 8th straight loss tonight

Maybe if the dodgers and jays blow up their teams next year they can beat the Marlins

drfunkmaster
    printing it
    drfunkmaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1065

jays suck..

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 396

They are definitely in a pickle. If they don't turn it around soon, they are going to stay the bottom feeders for several more years. The Tampa Bay Ray/Oakland A's approach probably looks a lot more inviting now.