capone8585
    TEAMCASH
    capone8585's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 545

If you're going to het......Bet!!!

Folks maybe you can help me with this one.

Say you are going to bet on a team and you bet $40.
    By you betting on that team you are thinking and hoping that team will win.

So if your willing to put down 40 dollars....why wouldn't you bet higher say 250 for the game?
    If you think the team will win why dont you take it as far as your wallet can go?

With sports betting you have to pick a spot and kill it. You cant bet at 6 games a night and think you will make much of a profit.

It's the same thing with any gambling if you are going to bet you need to bet as hard as your wallet and sometimes go higher than it will allow.

At the end of the day if you are just betting 40 dollars sooner or later the books will get you.

You need to hit them hard and pull out.

I'd rather lose big one 1 game than eventually lose after betting like 10 games a week.
    Points Awarded:

Paul Kemp gave capone8585 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

vaas187
    vaas187's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by capone8585 View Post

So if your willing to put down 40 dollars....why wouldn't you bet higher say 250 for the game?
    If you think the team will win why dont you take it as far as your wallet can go?

With sports betting you have to pick a spot and kill it. You cant bet at 6 games a night and think you will make much of a profit.

It's the same thing with any gambling if you are going to bet you need to bet as hard as your wallet and sometimes go higher than it will allow.

At the end of the day if you are just betting 40 dollars sooner or later the books will get you.

I'd rather lose big one 1 game than eventually lose after betting like 10 games a week.
    yes you can, i do it all the time...a lot of times things seem like a lock but it just misses that day.

i missed my spot on bayern ML in my $500 parlay but hit another 6 teamer in champions league today for $1600

Tofudog
    Tofudog's Avatar Become A Pro!

That certainly seems logical... For me it hasn't worked out too well. I'm probably around 4-20 all time big bets. For some reason they just don't seem to go my way. I had a tremendous basketball season (close to 70%) last year but went like 1-8 in big bets. It ended $8 up for the season..

For me, multiple bets tends to put me in the best position. Another strategy that seems to work for me is to quit while Im ahead. I don't know how many Sundays I have won a few early football games and threw a bunch more on games I was less sure of assuming I would still win enough to be up for the day. I guess what everyone knows is discipline is important.

However you decide to do it, good luck!

onacloud
    onacloud's Avatar Become A Pro!

bankroll management is the key to turning a profit you will one day figure this out or you will most likely be broke

Paul Kemp
    Paul Kemp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

Capone - I actually spent a very long time today thinking about your OP. It's been an up and down couple of weeks netting just about $900 over that time. I just woke up this morning with NO desire to micro manage my bankroll today. I knew who I liked, I even knew that they might miss. I walked the dogs and thought about it some more - thinking that urge to just dump my bankroll and make some cash would go away. It didn't go away.

So your thought of "You need to hit them hard and pull out." is precisely what I did. Not the entire bankroll, but way, way, waaaaay more than I ever would put on game that have even a 15% chance of missing. I'll micro manage my way through CFB and the NFL. I'd rather not list the amounts, but I will say that between the below plays, there is over $900 at risk. It was almost like I was trying to fade my own picks, talking myself out of not only the picks but the amount, I lined up the picks, just to see how it looked...who knows why I did that...I know what the payout is; maybe I just wanted to see it. Then.... I hit that magic button. Confirm. Bam, Done. Walked away. It may feel good now, but it may hurt so bad later. We'll find out tonight and then it's back to micro managing my bankroll and finding value in a pick. At least I knew better than to setup a parlay with the Sox in the mix. All straights.

OK - everyone can yell at me now and tell me why the below is all wrong and I've just lost a large amount of money.

It does feel nice for the moment though.

NYY RL -1.5

BAL O - ML

White Sox - just had a feeling, although that's probably the most risky.

I'm stealing your phrase for the night - "You need to hit them hard and pull out."

GL tonight everyone

BigPage25
    BigPage25's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by paul kemp View Post
    capone - i actually spent a very long time today thinking about your op. It's been an up and down couple of weeks netting just about $900 over that time. I just woke up this morning with no desire to micro manage my bankroll today. I knew who i liked, i even knew that they might miss. I walked the dogs and thought about it some more - thinking that urge to just dump my bankroll and make some cash would go away. It didn't go away.

So your thought of "you need to hit them hard and pull out." is precisely what i did. Not the entire bankroll, but way, way, waaaaay more than i ever would put on game that have even a 15% chance of missing. I'll micro manage my way through cfb and the nfl. I'd rather not list the amounts, but i will say that between the below plays, there is over $900 at risk. It was almost like i was trying to fade my own picks, talking myself out of not only the picks but the amount, i lined up the picks, just to see how it looked...who knows why i did that...i know what the payout is; maybe i just wanted to see it. Then.... I hit that magic button. Confirm. Bam, done. Walked away. It may feel good now, but it may hurt so bad later. We'll find out tonight and then it's back to micro managing my bankroll and finding value in a pick. At least i knew better than to setup a parlay with the sox in the mix. All straights.

Ok - everyone can yell at me now and tell me why the below is all wrong and i've just lost a large amount of money.

Nyy rl -1.5

bal o - ml

white sox - just had a feeling, although that's probably the most risky.

I'm stealing your phrase for the night - "you need to hit them hard and pull out."

gl tonight everyone
    i like your plays best of luck to ya

Paul Kemp
    Paul Kemp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

Thanks - that White Sox play is ML as well. If anything is worth doing - it's worth doing right!

bulichm
    bulichm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Paul I played a 3 team nfl wk 1 for my whole BR and won, since then I'm back to micro management waiting for the right spot.

capone8585
    TEAMCASH

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Kemp View Post
    Capone - I actually spent a very long time today thinking about your OP. It's been an up and down couple of weeks netting just about $900 over that time. I just woke up this morning with NO desire to micro manage my bankroll today. I knew who I liked, I even knew that they might miss. I walked the dogs and thought about it some more - thinking that urge to just dump my bankroll and make some cash would go away. It didn't go away.

So your thought of "You need to hit them hard and pull out." is precisely what I did. Not the entire bankroll, but way, way, waaaaay more than I ever would put on game that have even a 15% chance of missing. I'll micro manage my way through CFB and the NFL. I'd rather not list the amounts, but I will say that between the below plays, there is over $900 at risk. It was almost like I was trying to fade my own picks, talking myself out of not only the picks but the amount, I lined up the picks, just to see how it looked...who knows why I did that...I know what the payout is; maybe I just wanted to see it. Then.... I hit that magic button. Confirm. Bam, Done. Walked away. It may feel good now, but it may hurt so bad later. We'll find out tonight and then it's back to micro managing my bankroll and finding value in a pick. At least I knew better than to setup a parlay with the Sox in the mix. All straights.

OK - everyone can yell at me now and tell me why the below is all wrong and I've just lost a large amount of money.

NYY RL -1.5

BAL O - ML

White Sox - just had a feeling, although that's probably the most risky.

I'm stealing your phrase for the night - "You need to hit them hard and pull out."

GL tonight everyone
    thank you for a very nice write up. There is only way to bet....BET! do it big and win big!

10SixSix5ive
    10SixSix5ive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 653

So you emptied your wallet on oakland last night???

HAHAHHAHAH

Wait that's not funny, i feel bad now

capone8585
    TEAMCASH

Don;t act like you never emptied your wallet on a game. Every degenerate in here has done it too. I wish you the best of luck (not really. I hope bad things like a train hitting your aunt's car tonight)

10SixSix5ive
    10SixSix5ive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 653

Don;t act like you never emptied your wallet on a game. Every degenerate in here has done it too. I wish you the best of luck (not really. I hope bad things like a train hitting your aunt's car tonight)
    It's normal to wish bad things when you feel like that man, it's ok.

I really hope you keep betting your wallet every game, imagine how happy of a person you will become after giving your wallet to the bookies every game.

DEUCED
    DEUCED's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by 10SixSix5ive View Post
    It's normal to wish bad things when you feel like that man, it's ok.

I really hope you keep betting your wallet every game, imagine how happy of a person you will become after giving your wallet to the bookies every game.
    Well put. What a piece of shit this guy is.
    Points Awarded:

10SixSix5ive gave DEUCED 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

capone8585
    TEAMCASH

Whoop there it is whoop there it is

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

I seem to do well on smaller bets. The things that kill me is those days where u lose your first bet or two of the day. Your Brain says you have to make profit every day, but in reality everyone has losing days. My problem was i couldnt accept losing days, so i would bet 2 or 3 times as much to try and make it back. Over time that sunk me a bit. You have to be willling to take a step back every other day. Kinda like working out for example. When you workout you kill the weighs(make a profit) you feel great! the next day your recovering(lose a bit of cash) when your recovering you dont go out and try to workout harder(bet more) if you do this you will go nowhere.Take that day off reflect (dont spend) and you shall be stronger 2 days later. For alot of people its situational awarness, some days you kill it with the right games. Other days theres just games that are too close to call, those are the days you have to learn to sit back and barely bet.

capone8585
    TEAMCASH

Quote Originally Posted by matt1216 View Post
    I seem to do well on smaller bets. The things that kill me is those days where u lose your first bet or two of the day. Your Brain says you have to make profit every day, but in reality everyone has losing days. My problem was i couldnt accept losing days, so i would bet 2 or 3 times as much to try and make it back. Over time that sunk me a bit. You have to be willling to take a step back every other day. Kinda like working out for example. When you workout you kill the weighs(make a profit) you feel great! the next day your recovering(lose a bit of cash) when your recovering you dont go out and try to workout harder(bet more) if you do this you will go nowhere.Take that day off reflect (dont spend) and you shall be stronger 2 days later. For alot of people its situational awarness, some days you kill it with the right games. Other days theres just games that are too close to call, those are the days you have to learn to sit back and barely bet.
    That's a real sharp comment. Yeah I feel the people that bet everyday are bound to lose even if u are grinding it out with small to medium bets.

Go hard on a good bet and just back off the rest of the day. I sometimes like to make a $60 4 team parlay. If it hits your golden for the day and could go hard the next day

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

That's a real sharp comment. Yeah I feel the people that bet everyday are bound to lose even if u are grinding it out with small to medium bets.

Go hard on a good bet and just back off the rest of the day. I sometimes like to make a $60 4 team parlay. If it hits your golden for the day and could go hard the next day
    what i try to do is bet real money when theres really good games on. When theres those games that are tough to pick and theres no feel, i use betpoints to bet, so it feels as if theres something on the line. At the same time if i lose the points, im not as mad becasue its not losing real money. save the real money for the days your feelin it. Wish I had of thought of this when i first joined/started betting.