nrok2118
    nrok2118's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 635

Think its time to throw in the towel, baseball is killing me!

After last night turned for the worse when it looked like I was finally getting out of this funk, I was ready to overcome and recover today...

Cardinals lose in extras

Mets blow a 2 run lead in the 8th

Freddy Garcia is somehow a decent pitcher again

Late runs in Baltimore kill my under

Leaned cubbies, but didnt play it

Was a MINUTE late trying to get my OAK bet it in, they're up 6-1 already

Been losing my ass playin my Phillies. Finally lay off and they're crushing the ball in the first inning!

I can only imagine what the late games will bring.

Seems every time I move money into 5Dimes I lose. Think Im better off with the shitty Bookmaker lines, at least Ill win a bet here and there

Might have to throw in the towel. Its profit money Im playing with, but its gut wrenching night in and night out. Dont think I can take this shit much longer. Not even fun/exciting anymore.

hundredbombs
    hundredbombs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 952

I am in the same exact boat. I wouldn't mind breaking even, but losing on the most ridiculous circumstances is just

Laid off the phillies tonight too, not taking them anymore this year actually and they find their bats. Like an idiot I put Minnesota in all my parlays because Millone has one of the worst ERA's on the road and Minnesota has had hot bats lately but nope they just go dead.

zilchy
    zilchy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1256

Thinking about throwing the towel as well. Even if the Tigers come through for me here I think I'm better off waiting for the NFL to stop the bleeding. This sport is just not for me I guess. Shame because I like it.

hundredbombs

I've noticed also that as the season progresses the more bullpens blow late inning leads. Coincidence?

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Theres a few guys on here with their own threads who are killing mlb, id suggest lay off your own picks and just tail them.

Bifftfinancial
    Chaz is doing well
    Look out for lt profits daily threads

If youre having that much difficulty but still have interest in betting baseball might as well follow guys who are actually having a successful season, best advice really i could give....

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Yeah I feel you bases is a true grind and really frustrating at times. Just too many games day in and day out and you never know who is gonna show up half the time. It's def. a roller coaster ride for sure!

nrok2118

FUKK!!!! My tilt bet of the night was going to be seattle/texas over 6.5. I was gonna unload on it!!! Thought it was a 10pm game not 9pm!!!! Seattle scores 4 in the first! FUKK ME!!!! This is y fukking luck

nrok2118

O look! Boston pitching imploding in the 7th! Who woulda thunk it?!

hundredbombs

Complete goose egg today. KC knocking in late runs to kill that under and the downhill slide continues. Looks like no more deposits for me.

newbottles
    newbottles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 475

Bases punishing me recently as well. I am not sweating too much because I am still learning and am using appropriate bankroll management for my level. The challenge of handicapping it is still interesting.

That said, consecutive losing days are no fun.

I am focussing on better quantifying my conviction level to translate my daily leans into wagers. This is trickier for me in bases than in football.

If you are really banging your head into a wall on bases then just quit and start digging deep to get sharp for NFL and NCAAF it is not too early for that! Plenty to crunch already for total win futures, handicapping skills, teams to watch, fantasy angles, etc

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Quote Originally Posted by hundredbombs View Post
    Complete goose egg today. KC knocking in late runs to kill that under and the downhill slide continues. Looks like no more deposits for me.
    Rough saturday for me too. 1 win so far on marlins under and thats all, got a few more pending but im sure those will end up Ls too. Anybody else seem to always get killed on weekends? Ill do well all during the week and come saturday ill get beat up and follow it with another losing day on sunday, just something ive noticed.

newbottles
    newbottles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 475

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Paz View Post
    Rough saturday for me too. 1 win so far on marlins under and thats all, got a few more pending but im sure those will end up Ls too. Anybody else seem to always get killed on weekends? Ill do well all during the week and come saturday ill get beat up and follow it with another losing day on sunday, just something ive noticed.
    I posted a thread about this a couple weeks ago. I am also wondering if I should start laying off weekends in MLB. Saturday and Sunday seems subjectively different somehow but I haven't tried to quantify it yet.

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Unless you are extremely disciplined and have fantastic bankroll management skills, baseball will bury you.

Too many games, too many factors that you cannot cap that will fukk you.

RJKing
    RJKing's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3847

after the all star break is very tough,