illisdre
    illisdre's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Baseball Run Line -Noob question

I've never been much for baseball betting.
    But Ive always looked on and figured this high scoring sport has alot of randomness to it.

The thing that I've always though is there is generally value on the -1.5 run line. As in, every time I see a score its usually like 10-2 or 5-1 .. sure 3-4 happen a few times like 2 or 3 per night.

My point is, when going for one team to win, shouldn't the -1.5 be taken. I look at the +1.5 and think, common thats no good.

But you guys are the experts here, straighten this noob out.
    Thanks

illisdre
    illisdre's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

somebody ?

PMcG012
    PMcG012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 516

The -1.5 run line can be good because if you want to play a favourite, for example the New York Yankees, the money line odds might be -170. On the other hand, if you play the Yankees -1.5 you will get much better odds, like +120 or more. If a really good team is playing a shitty team, and you can reasonably assume that they will win by at least 2 runs then it's worth it to take the run line and potentially get a lot more for your money. If the money line odds are decent though I'll usually take that, as it is infuriating to have your team win by only one run, and therefore lose your bet.