Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

A 5x I must make: Nova for 14th Consecutive Road Win

Yankees are in a little slump here, leaving men on base,
    that's just a fluke. Tonight they can shut up the Mets fans
    and stop them from busting balls. The weather was a real downer
    last night, heavy and mugged out, bugged out. Tonight the Yanks
    will be smooth and cool. 5x wager. Trust Superiority.

Ivan Nova's road winning streak is the longest for the New York Yankees in 63 years.
    Ike Davis and the New York Mets would like to end it and extend their own winning streak.
    Nova goes for his 13th consecutive victory as the visitor Saturday night when the Yankees try to keep the Mets from matching a season high with a fifth straight win.
    Nova (9-2, 4.32 ERA) is 12-0 with a 3.17 ERA in 15 road starts since losing to the Los Angeles Angels on June 2, 2011. It's the longest away winning streak by a Yankee since Allie Reynolds won a team-record 15 straight road decisions from 1948-49.
    Monte Pearson shares the record with Reynolds with his 15 victories from 1936-37.
    Nova moved closer to joining them in the Yankees' record books Sunday, yielding one run and seven hits in 7 2-3 innings of a 4-1 win at Washington. The right-hander has also won each of his last five outings overall behind a 2.48 ERA - a mark that drops to 0.79 in three June starts.
    "I think (it's) the work that I've been putting in, the focus," Nova told the team's official website. "I've been working really, really hard to especially get my ground balls back."
    Nova's staggering streak away from the Bronx includes a 5-1 win in Flushing on July 1, when he held the Mets (39-32) to one run and seven hits in five innings.
    Another win at Citi Field would make him the first AL pitcher to reach 10 on the season, while CC Sabathia would have a chance to join him in Sunday's series finale.
    Nova, though, will have to contend with Davis, who is hitting .351 with three homers and 15 RBIs in the past 12 games. The first baseman's offensive outburst has increased his season average 33 points to .191.
    "Ike is very determined to get out of this. He's been fighting it, fighting it, fighting it," manager Terry Collins said. "And now, all of a sudden, some of the balls he's swinging at, he's hitting them on the barrel of the bat instead of swinging and missing, and if he can do that, he's going to be dangerous."
    Davis had a little help producing runs Friday. His first-inning drive to right went off Nick Swisher's glove and over the wall for a three-run homer as the Mets scored five in the opening frame en route to a 6-4 win, their fourth straight.
    The Mets won five in a row May 5-9.
    The Yankees (41-28) have dropped three in a row following a 10-game winning streak that began with a home sweep of the Mets earlier this month. They're 3 for 19 with runners in scoring position over the last three games, a recurring problem for a team that leads the majors with 108 homers.
    The Yankees are hitting .217 with men on second or third - the AL's worst average by 24 points.
    "We keep putting them on, eventually it's going to change," manager Joe Girardi said. "That's all I can really tell you. We are who we are."
    Alex Rodriguez has connected for solo homers in his last two games, and owns a .417 average in his last nine meetings with the Mets.
    Chris Young (1-1, 3.06) is slated to get the ball for the Mets after being victimized by one rough inning Sunday. He allowed three runs in the fifth while scattering nine hits through seven innings of a 3-1 home loss to Cincinnati.
    Young is 1-0 with a 6.23 ERA in two starts against the Yankees, but hasn't faced them since 2005.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

worry that muts ballpark keep spanks from going deep to often, fluke or not spanks score majority of runs via the long ball... if it wasnt for shitty ump i would really like the under...

side note...How bout those Nazi's in the euro cup!!

CoachTaylor
    Clear Eyes Full Hearts Cant Lose
    CoachTaylor's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ivan Nova's road record reminds me of the 06' Dillon Panthers. Flawless.

Snowball

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    worry that muts ballpark keep spanks from going deep to often, fluke or not spanks score majority of runs via the long ball... if it wasnt for shitty ump i would really like the under...

side note...How bout those Nazi's in the euro cup!!
    I also have a big bet on France/Spain to be tie at halftime +105.
    see soccer thread for write-up.
    Still like Germany to win it all +175 also

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    I also have a big bet on France/Spain to be tie at halftime +105.
    see soccer thread for write-up.
    Still like Germany to win it all +175 also

right on...gotta go and do a side job, looking to squeeze in as much action as possible before i leave!! ill go check out soccer thread now

Snowball

that guy from the 1930's record is safe. If the Yankees pull this out,
    Nova won't get the win.