Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

Woman hit by ball sues Little Leaguer

Unreal, this damn shit is getting out of control

MANCHESTER TOWNSHIP, N.J. -- A New Jersey woman who was struck in the face with a baseball at a Little League game is suing the young catcher who threw it.Elizabeth Lloyd is seeking more than $150,000 in damages to cover medical costs from the Manchester Little League game two years ago. She's also seeking an undefined amount for pain and suffering.Lloyd was sitting at a picnic table near a fenced-in bullpen when she was hit with the ball. Catcher Matthew Migliaccio was 11 years old at the time and was warming up a pitcher."I ran over to see if she was all right," Migliaccio, who is now 13, told the Asbury Park Press. "She said she was OK. I was just on with warming the pitcher up, and I was not horsing around."Anthony Pagano, a lawyer for Migliaccio and his family, says the lawsuit is "frivolous" and "disgusting."A Little League spokesman said the league's insurance covers coaches and players but not spectators.Bob Migliaccio, Matthew's father, told the Asbury Park newspaper that he thought the Manchester Little League or Little League International would assist the family after the incident."I want to be clear: The litigation does not shock me. People sue people every day," Bob Migliaccio told the Press. "What I was surprised about was the lack of answers and support from Little League. I cannot believe that they would not help out in this issue."Lloyd's lawyer could not be reached.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

this wont end well

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

I'd take the case.

In all seriousness, this reminds me of a scary moment as an 11 year old little leaguer. I was preparing to go into the batting cage taking warm up cuts and this little girl ran into my back swing chasing a butterfly and gets popped in the head. She was okay, very scary for me though to see her go down. People should stay in their house if they blame innocent accidents on others.

MC PICKS
    Update your status
    MC PICKS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

In 20 years there will be no more sports in america at this rate.

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35459

Because you can sue for anything in the united states, this is what will happen

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

With the attention this story is getting, I'm sure a judge will throw it out. Sounds to me that the lady can't pay her medical bills, and is willing to sacrifice a 13 year old to do it. I came across this in another article:

Another claim in the suit seeks to prove that Migliaccio was involved in "inappropriate physical and/or sporting activity" near Lloyd when she was struck. Making matters worse for the now 13-year-old, Lloyd's husband has also filed suit against the Migliaccio family, claiming that he has lost the "services, society and consortium of his wife" as a result of her injuries.

Seeing that she got hit in the mouth, I guess we know what the husband is talking about.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

the amount of frivolous lawsuits and settlements people have received in this country for nonsense like this is staggering.
    if little league insurance covered spectators this evil broad and her husband probably would've each received $600,000 as a settlement

Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

Ah God bless America..

Land of opportunities..

Opportunity to shaft people over...

Stupid shit like this is what's costing tax payers and back logging actual cases that makes sense...

Kid should've taken that bat and shoved it up her..

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

T
    W
    A
    T

Lawyers ruin the world.

balls2wall
    balls2wall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6601

there goes his $10 a week allowance

greedy bitch

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    With the attention this story is getting, I'm sure a judge will throw it out. Sounds to me that the lady can't pay her medical bills, and is willing to sacrifice a 13 year old to do it. I came across this in another article:

Another claim in the suit seeks to prove that Migliaccio was involved in "inappropriate physical and/or sporting activity" near Lloyd when she was struck. Making matters worse for the now 13-year-old, Lloyd's husband has also filed suit against the Migliaccio family, claiming that he has lost the "services, society and consortium of his wife" as a result of her injuries.

Seeing that she got hit in the mouth, I guess we know what the husband is talking about.
    The husband wasn't getting bj's anymore because his wife got hit in the face.

kdavis
    kdavis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3809

I bet 100 units this scumbag voted for Obama.