Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

One MLB bet tonight: Reds -1 (-136)

or combine ML (-180) with -1.5 (+105/110)

TIME: 07:10 P.M. EST
    VENUE: Great American Ball Park

The first-place Cincinnati Reds had not lost three straight games since mid-April until their current slump.
    With Homer Bailey on the mound and the AL-worst Minnesota Twins in town, things seem bound to change.
    Cincinnati looks to avoid a season-worst four-game skid Friday night when it begins its first series with the Twins in nearly 11 years.
    The Reds (38-30) entered their series with Cleveland riding a season-best six-game winning streak, but they were swept for the first time in 2012 with Wednesday's 8-1 loss, marking the fewest runs they've scored all month.
    NL Central-leading Cincinnati hadn't lost three straight since April 12-14, and its three hits Wednesday were its fewest since a season-worst two on the final day of that slump.
    "It was a tough three days," manager Dusty Baker said. "The first two days we had chances to win those games. They beat us up good (Wednesday). It's a strange game.
    "It will be nice to get home."
    The Reds hope Bailey can help them bounce back in the opener of their first series with Minnesota since July 6-8, 2001, when the Twins won all three games at home.
    With the exception of allowing six runs over three innings in a loss to Pittsburgh on June 5, Bailey (5-4, 4.03 ERA) has been solid over his last seven starts. He improved to 4-1 with a 3.35 ERA in that stretch after giving up one run in eight innings of a 4-1 road win against the Mets on Saturday.
    "Homer was outstanding," Baker said. "He's been pitching well."
    He hasn't been nearly as good at home, going 1-2 with a 5.35 ERA while allowing nine homers in 33 2-3 innings. He's 4-2 with a 3.09 ERA on the road, holding opponents to two homers in 46 2-3.
    Bailey has also struggled in his last six interleague starts, going 1-3 with a 4.72 ERA while the Reds have lost five times.
    Minnesota (27-41), meanwhile, has dropped six of its last eight interleague contests after Thursday's 9-1 loss to Pittsburgh.
    "As the story goes, if you don't pitch, you get whacked," manager Ron Gardenhire said.
    Somehow, that hasn't been the case recently when Nick Blackburn has pitched.
    Blackburn (3-4, 7.48) is 3-0 with an 8.22 ERA in five starts - all Twins victories - since May 11 after allowing four runs in six innings Sunday against Milwaukee. He was 0-4 with a 6.84 ERA in his first five starts.
    The right-hander has walked 11 and struck out 10 in his last five as opponents have hit .347.
    Blackburn, who has never faced the Reds, has been awful in interleague play over the past few years as well, going 1-4 with a 10.57 ERA over his last seven crossover starts.
    Brandon Phillips was hitting .415 with three homers and 11 RBIs during a nine-game hitting streak that ended with Wednesday's 0-for-3 performance, but the Reds have reason to expect to bounce back at home. They've averaged 5.7 runs and hit .300 in nine games at Great American Ball Park this month.
    Phillips is 15 for 34 (.441) with three homers in his last eight home games.
    Minnesota also struggled offensively in its series finale, as Justin Morneau went 2 for 3 with a double as the only Twin with multiple hits.
    That marked Morneau's first extra-base hit since June 12, going 4 for 25 in the six games in between.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

added more to this.
    my favorite play of the night.

also some lower plays
    Yanks, Orioles, Padres, Angels, Blue Jays, White Sox.

Utah_Jay
    Utah_Jay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2259

My favorite play of the nite as well. Went on the Reds -1 to win 5 units. Good luck snowball!

hezawizard
    hezawizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

not looking good man, not at all, hope they turn it around, its still early

hezawizard

and a home run, 4-3, I should have said something earlier haha

hezawizard

wow , 2 out than bailey loads up bases, nice

Gndias
    Gndias's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2596

looking like crap tonight...hope they wake the f\*\*k up

TheBack
    TheBack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 596

This is all twins tonite. They r getting a sh1t load of hits and runners of baily. Cant believe Baker still has bailey in there. By the time he takes him out it will be too late.

TheBack

Bailey is about to screw all of u. LOL why he is still in there ? Baker left him in now bases loaded 1 out. This is gonna get ugly. He should have pulled him after the 1st walk. He has been struggling for a couple of innings now and the reds hitters blow.

russiaboss
    russiaboss's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 304

Have Twins +169
    GL

hezawizard

this is over now, he lets him load up bases than change him for bill bray, its over

hezawizard

ahahaha, fck it, I'm on reds, but I cant even be mad cuz this is sooo funny, you got to laugh at this shit

TheBack

Bases loaded 1 out and the Reds get no runs. LOL i swear this shit is funny. The reason why the reds are gonna lose this game all comes down to dusty baker leaving Bailey inn way too long and then out of all the quality guys in the bullpen he has he puts bray in. What a Muppet baker is is swear. What a sh1t stain of a manager.

EVPlus
    EVPlus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 451

Quote Originally Posted by TheBack View Post
    Bases loaded 1 out and the Reds get no runs. LOL i swear this shit is funny. The reason why the reds are gonna lose this game all comes down to dusty baker leaving Bailey inn way too long and then out of all the quality guys in the bullpen he has he puts bray in. What a Muppet baker is is swear. What a sh1t stain of a manager.
    My thoughts exactly. When your starter gives away a run per inning, the writing is on the wall. Congrats - looks like your Costanza play will hit tonight. LOL

TheBack

Yeah thats the one thing u got going for u. Is that my eddie mush azz has the twins.

TheBack

Well guys i had the Twins RL so i was still rooting for cincy to win the game. They really should have just horrible pitching and managing. And still cant believe with bases juiced and 1 out they dont get anything. Thats why i hate baseball always total bullsh1t that happends.

TheBack

Wow camt believe they didnt atleast get the tie run in agian runner in scoring position and 1 out. Wow unreal. I feel for u guys. What a buch of bullsh1t !!! See this is what i mean this shit is bogus how they cant get a f@cking hit to being in the tie. Basesball is so fake ots funny.