Ryeskernatorr
    Turning $100 into...
    Ryeskernatorr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 426

1st inning scoring stats?

Are there any stats out there on 1st inning scoring? It would seem that most games would NOT have a run in the first inning, although I could be wrong. I was wondering if there were maybe stats based on team, pitcher, or just the inning as a whole.

Gotta be something.

balls2wall
    balls2wall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6601

The average for the league is 31%. The problem is that the "no" is usually juiced to hell and back.

This is the site I use. You of course want to look at columns RS1 and RA1.

http://cleanuphitter.com/mlb/stats/m...orm=SHOW+STATS

I think others use another site, but I can't seem to find it in my favorites right now.

taxe91
    taxe91's Avatar Become A Pro!

so far this year there have been 2072 first innings, 1421 of which have been scoreless. interestingly, the most innings with no runs scored has been the 2nd inning.

i guess that accounts for pitchers taking an inning to warm into the game

vaas187
    vaas187's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryeskernatorr View Post
    Are there any stats out there on 1st inning scoring? It would seem that most games would NOT have a run in the first inning, although I could be wrong. I was wondering if there were maybe stats based on team, pitcher, or just the inning as a whole.

Gotta be something.
    **** first runs.....i usually just go for over 3 hits/runs/errors between both teams.

odds are always much better

Ryeskernatorr
    Turning $100 into...
    Ryeskernatorr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 426

Quote Originally Posted by balls2wall View Post
    The average for the league is 31%. The problem is that the "no" is usually juiced to hell and back.

This is the site I use. You of course want to look at columns RS1 and RA1.

http://cleanuphitter.com/mlb/stats/m...orm=SHOW+STATS

I think others use another site, but I can't seem to find it in my favorites right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by taxe91 View Post
    so far this year there have been 2072 first innings, 1421 of which have been scoreless. interestingly, the most innings with no runs scored has been the 2nd inning.

i guess that accounts for pitchers taking an inning to warm into the game
    Thanks to both of you!

CHR1S
    CHR1S's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 715

try teamranking.com they show 1st inning scored, allowed, and perectages. They also show other stats like First 5 innings scored and allowed. And within the last day, and last 3 days. Pretty useful.

I can tell you now that it gets very tricky. Good luck.

cmdyrds
    cmdyrds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6868

good post guys

jlee
    jlee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

I like using the Team Sortable Stats on mlb.com. Select 1st inning, see what teams are top in .avg, .OPS, runs, homers, etc.

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

Quote Originally Posted by Ryeskernatorr View Post

Gotta be something.
    i forget where he stats r but, u would be suprised on how much teams score in the first innings. I used to pay it but i was loosng so just playes SU picks. just google it you will find it