tonyp0387
    tonyp0387's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 755

We all lose money

Has anyone ever won money gambling on sports. We all want to believe that we win but 99 percent of us all loose. Why are we all in denial. Its like a steriod head who will never admit hes on juice. Everyone I know has lost money.
    Any real superstars out there?

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

id say 90% of people loose... u can win if your super diciplined takes alot of expierience to over come

jmp
    jmp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1377

What are you guys talking about? Winning is easy with all the resources provided to you now and days. SBR forums connects you to awesome users who post winners after winners. As long as you don't go all in every pay, you should make money.

JMon
    I'd be a lot cooler if you did.
    JMon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10742

expensive hobby

Love The Action
    Love The Action's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

Quote Originally Posted by tonyp0387 View Post
    Has anyone ever won money gambling on sports. We all want to believe that we win but 99 percent of us all loose. Why are we all in denial. Its like a steriod head who will never admit hes on juice. Everyone I know has lost money.
    Any real superstars out there?
    Put your money where your mouth is. You never answered Post #8345 in my MLB thread. If you doubt me, PM me and we can put the wheels in motion.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

I have not won a significant amount of money in about 2 years. I went on a heater during a college football weekend, and won close to 6K. Since then its been +$500 this, and -$300 that. Bums me out sometimes.

dilaudid8
    dilaudid8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 88

my man you are 100 percent right 99.9 percent of gambler's lose this is for sure there are about 6 gambler'as in the world that can make a living at betting on sport's tonyp0387 you are very smart guy you know what's going on just gamble for fun not to make money because you won't you can get lucky but in the long run you will lose very nice post

rumnblack
    rumnblack's Avatar Become A Pro!

Its a grind but can be done and nothing will ever be achieved short term....not to say you cant win short term but over the long haul its a grind but doable.

jmp
    jmp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1377

Quote Originally Posted by dilaudid8 View Post
    my man you are 100 percent right 99.9 percent of gambler's lose this is for sure there are about 6 gambler'as in the world that can make a living at betting on sport's tonyp0387 you are very smart guy you know what's going on just gamble for fun not to make money because you won't you can get lucky but in the long run you will lose very nice post
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 04-28-16 at 12:08 PM. Reason: image does not exist

STAY STRONG
    STAY STRONG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

lol....

Love The Action
    Love The Action's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    I have not won a significant amount of money in about 2 years. I went on a heater during a college football weekend, and won close to 6K. Since then its been +$500 this, and -$300 that. Bums me out sometimes.
    That's the grind. You capitalize during the heaters which is when you make your money. The rest of the time you just have to grind it out and stay in the black. That's where the discipline comes in. You may need to go months just grinding it out for one hot week. However, as long as you don't get frustrated and go "all in" on some stupid play because you are bored with the grind then you can make profit at the end of the year.
    Points Awarded:

JMon gave Love The Action 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

90% of people don't make money because they simply don't have bankroll discipline, myself included (although I made money on the NBA playoffs in 2011 and NFL last season with a bunch of teasers)

Picking winners is not as difficult as people claim. There are plenty of people here who hit 53-60% ATS and even a few guys I have seen who hit 70% ATS over a 100+ sample size. I saw a guy the other day who hit 58% over a 500 play sample size. If Vegas was as efficient as people claim, you wouldn't have teams like the Dodgers, Cubs, Padres, Phillies and Tigers that have either outperformed or underperformed Vegas expectations by as much as 15-20 units already only a third of the way into the season

The hard part is being consistent, betting small, not getting discouraged during a cold streak and trying to chase your money
    Last edited by brahmabull117; 06-08-12 at 02:40 PM.

EVPlus
    EVPlus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 451

I'm going to take the liberty and change the title of this thread from:

"We all lose money"

to

"All undisciplined, lazy, impatient people lose money."