nrok2118
    nrok2118's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 635

Betting Against Verlander, should I wait for line movement?

Thinking about going against the grain tomorrow and play the Indians to sweep Velander and the Tigers. Should I wait till game time hoping for public pounding Verlander and getting a better price? Or anyone else feel sharps could keep or move the line against me?

nrok2118
    nrok2118's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 635

Indians will be headed to Chicago, might wait for lineups actually, Indians might rest while Detroit hungry for the win....

So nevermind, we'll wait it out

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

I think this is a game the "sharps" will not get involved in. On the one hand, you have a team playing well like the Indians at home as a +140ish dog against a team really struggling. Usually, sharps will back these types of teams but I think this will be an exception. Considering the two starting pitchers, the only thing in common is the first name. Masterson has not been able to string together many good starts. He's striking out less batters than ever before and walking nearly 5 batters per 9 innings, both career worsts. A combination of low strikeouts and high walks means lots of runners on base and lots of pressure on the defense. On the other hand, Verlander continues to be out of this world. Best pitcher right now in the league. He goes deep into ball games and has great control and strikes out more than 9+ per 9 innings.

I also think there will be a real letdown tomorrow. There was a lot of energy the past 2 nights in Jacobs field and the day game crowds are usually duds in Cleveland. Given that Verlander has been dominant and Masterson has not, even against the faltering Tiger bats, I would probably avoid Clev and look to play on Det if the line were to get < -145.

rockaflocka
    rockaflocka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3363

I like the under in day games at progressive field... I think masterson will eventually find the strike zone (his k/bb ratio is terrible) but he has certainly regressed from last year

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Not to mention that lefties are batting almost .300 against JM and the Tigers will be sending a left heavy lineup tomorrow. The more I think about it, the more I see that this is a pretty big pitching mismatch. It's just the Tigers are playing so poorly, but I see them breaking out of it in a big way tomorrow, early and often.