dartmouthemcee
    dartmouthemcee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2712

why do all TV annoucers BLOW?

why do major league teams allow these amateur, homer, announcers call their televised games?

no joke - 9 out of 10 major league teams have HORRIBLE whiny announcers that seem to know little about the game. I feel as though the avg joe would call a game better than most. you can make a case for most teams having horrible cry baby announcers - today i happen to be listening to the ORIOLES on mlb.tv and these two clowns are a joke. their voices arent even "radio voices" that you would want to hear calling a game - they sound like a couple of bums, crying about calls and only pumping their team. that is the mark of a poor play by play guy. i would be so sad if those were the voices i had to hear call my fav team every game!

thank god for the new "natural park" audio option that allows you to cancel out all announcers and just hear the park sounds.

most radio guys are ok from what I have heard ala ernie harwell types, but the tv guys are just clowns.

riffraff24
    ...and out come the wolves
    riffraff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

They need to make a Vin Scully robot to do every game in every sport.

revnecro1273
    revnecro1273's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13172

Quote Originally Posted by dartmouthemcee View Post
    why do major league teams allow these amateur, homer, announcers call their televised games?

no joke - 9 out of 10 major league teams have HORRIBLE whiny announcers that seem to know little about the game. I feel as though the avg joe would call a game better than most. you can make a case for most teams having horrible cry baby announcers - today i happen to be listening to the ORIOLES on mlb.tv and these two clowns are a joke. their voices arent even "radio voices" that you would want to hear calling a game - they sound like a couple of bums, crying about calls and only pumping their team. that is the mark of a poor play by play guy. i would be so sad if those were the voices i had to hear call my fav team every game!

thank god for the new "natural park" audio option that allows you to cancel out all announcers and just hear the park sounds.

most radio guys are ok from what I have heard ala ernie harwell types, but the tv guys are just clowns.

you never heard of gary thorne before? dude used to be espn hockey commentator...believe he still does the frozen four for them...he isn't too bad doing baseball...there are heaps worse...like white sox and mariners announcers

rumnblack
    rumnblack's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think there are some good ones but there are some homers that would never get a job again if they lost their job.

dartmouthemcee
    dartmouthemcee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2712

white sox are horrible i agree. marlins come to mind as shitxy as well

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK
    b1slickguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29800

Rex Hudler calling Royals games is unreal. Guy is such a homer. Captain Obvious with no flavor.