PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Albert Pujols not so good without LaRussa injecting shark adrenaline into his scrotum

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Pujos was a heavy steroid user in STl

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Pujos was a heavy steroid user in STl
    Somewhat of a joke thread, but I really think something is going on in STL.

Declining hitters arrive there and have career years better than they ever were... ala Barry Bonds.

PickWinnerAllDay

This isn't just a slump for Pujols. This is the worst month of his career by far.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Pujols is past his prime. He's been declining and the Angels foolishly gave him a long term deal. They're going to pay the price. Even if he rebounds this year, they're not going to getting consistently elite production.

A lot of big terrible contracts being given out lately. A-Roid, Ryan Howard, Barry Zito (another obvious one, because Zito was not consistently elite), Pujols, Vernon Wells, etc.

The the Angels Angels of Anaheim are funny. They had Mike Napoli, a very good hitter, for five years, but Mike Scioscia refused to play him regularly. After 2010, they trade him for basically nothing and then realize "Hey, we don't have any serious threats in the lineup!"

So they go out and bring in one of the worst contracts in baseball (Vernon Wells), and when that doesn't work out, they try again with another bad contract (Albert Pujols).

They could've kept Napoli for less than a quarter of what either Pujols or Wells are making.

The reasoning for not playing Napoli was "he doesn't field well enough." Two problems: A)They could've DHed him. B)This season they're often playing Mark Trumbo at third, and he can't play the position.

So now they're paying Vernon Wells $21 million for an OPS+ below 100 (meaning he's below league average), and they gave Pujols a 10 year contract worth $240 million to also have an OPS below league average.

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6423

Mark McGuire shooting up everyone in StL. All those old guys are killing it

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

i think it would be funny if it came out he is really 35.

thirtytwo
    thirtytwo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

hes fat and happy fukk sitting on juicy contract in LA... no need to hit all those HRs really...

PickWinnerAllDay

Now I get the Albert Pujols is a machine ESPN joke. Without his daily juicing, he's useless, like a car without oil or a printer without paper.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Biggest mistake you can make in bases is pay hitters a lot if money

Nowadays so many minor leaguers that can be effective for 1/10 of money If given a chance

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

angels are horrific

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

artie moreno must want to kill himself

takes time for players to adjust to a new league but i have a feeling good ol Al is closer to 37 than 32

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

his name probably isn't even albert pujols

SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic -- Miami Marlins reliever Leo Nunez apologized Friday for using a fake name and age, saying he falsified his identify when he was young so he could play professional baseball.
    "I apologize to my supporters, my fans," he said Friday in an interview with The Associated Press. "It was a mistake I made as a child and with God's help everything will turn out OK."

Nunez
    His real name is Juan Carlos Oviedo and he's 29, a year older than listed in the Marlins' media guide.
    He spoke to the AP in the Dominican Republic one day after he was arrested and released on a charge of using a false identity. Officials said he would not be prosecuted because he was cooperating with a larger investigation of fake documents.
    In September, the Marlins placed him on baseball's restricted list after Dominican authorities said he was implicated in the case.
    The pitcher also apologized to the Marlins, the U.S. government and his native Dominican Republic, a country where many worship baseball but the sport has been tarnished in recent years by the use of false documents and banned substances.
    Nunez, accompanied by attorney Nicolas Restituyo, did not say specifically when he adopted the fake name and age but said he did it so he could play as a pro.
    "They told me that in order to sign I had to be one year younger to be a professional," he said. "But I'm a more experienced person now and I decided to appear before the authorities and say my name was Juan Carlos Oviedo," he said.
    Authorities have arrested Hector Pena Diaz, who is accused of falsifying Nunez's documents. Pena could face up to 10 years in prison if found guilty.
    Nunez had 36 saves and a 4.06 ERA in 68 games this season with the Marlins.
    He turned professional in 2000 after signing with the Pittsburgh Pirates. He was traded to Kansas City in late 2004 and made his major league debut with the Royals the next season. The Marlins traded for him after the 2008 season.
    He said he's hoping to make it back to the Marlins. He said his agent, Andy Mota, has spoken to the team and was told that he's eligible for arbitration and they want him to be Heath Bell's set-up man. But he still lacks a U.S. ****.
    Restituyo said U.S. authorities had rejected Nunez's application for a new ****. He also needs to obtain a certification from the major leagues that he will not be suspended before a new request for a **** can be considered.
    He realizes he still faces many obstacles before returning to the majors.
    "It's going to be a little hard, but we're prepared for it," he said.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6771

he is just feeling pressure of playing big for new team, living up to contract... and is learning all the AL pitchers now, barely if ever faced them b4

when he goes on a hot streak, i will bump all these negative Pujol's threads and you

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    he is just feeling pressure of playing big for new team, living up to contract... and is learning all the AL pitchers now, barely if ever faced them b4

when he goes on a hot streak, i will bump all these negative Pujol's threads and you
    He could have a great season from this point and it would still be his worse in the league.

If he posts significantly under his career averages, I'll still be the one laughing.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

and everyone said him and AROD were going to catch Bonds

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

Don't forget what LaRussa did with the A's teams of the late 80's-early 90's...

Nolan Ryan was tied to stuff with pitching coach Tom House...

It's no coincedence these teams hit well every year...

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6771

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post

Angels now less than 5 games behind Texas, 7 str8 games with at least 2 hits... lets see where he is at in another month by the all-star game

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

He had a rough start but since he's been as good as always.

PWAD, quit jumping the gun son. You're too emotional. You need to have patience and let things develop. Life lesson pal. I know you don't have any role-models or mentors in life, probably because you're on here so much, so I am going to fill that role for you. Mentor the youth of America.

PWAD, your first task is to not make any predictions and see the value in patience.

PWAD, I want you to study this saying and report back to me in this thread "It's better to be assumed an idiot than open your mouth and remove all doubt."

Balco10
    Balco10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post
    Somewhat of a joke thread, but I really think something is going on in STL.

Declining hitters arrive there and have career years better than they ever were... ala Barry Bonds.
    Barry never had a bad year...best hitter of all time!

Balco10
    Balco10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Quote Originally Posted by iifold View Post
    Don't forget what LaRussa did with the A's teams of the late 80's-early 90's...

Nolan Ryan was tied to stuff with pitching coach Tom House...

It's no coincedence these teams hit well every year...
    LaRussa had the Bash brother with the A's