gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Thursday picks ( 85-67 +21.65 )

YTD should 86-67. Coming off the worst day of the year I believe, a 2-4 (-3.52 unit) day so tread lightly looking at these, I feel like I am due for a bad run here. I actually like this card though but that doesnt mean anything.

Indians -140 risk 1.4

Indians/Royals O8.5 -115 risk 1.15

The Royals finally got a win tonight and they looked pretty sharp. Acta sounded pretty angry after the game talking about that missed groundball that Cabrera and Kipnis let go through and I just cant see this Indians team dropping a series to this young Royals club. It may be hard to believe but with the way the Tigers have been playing, the Indians now sit on top of the central division, all the while going 2-5 at home. They need to put some fans in the seats and win some games and facing Luis Mendoza seems like the perfect time to start winning some home games.

Mendoza has already been shelled once by the Indians this season giving up 9 runs and 9 hits in just 4 innings pitched back on the 15th at home in Kansas City. Mendoza only pitched 14 innings last year and has had a really rough career in the majors, but has put up some pretty good stats in the minors. He is facing Tomlin who actually had his own rough start against the Royals this year giving up 5 runs in just 3.5 innings pitched in a game with a few bench clearing brawls.

I expect we will see some runs scored with these two but Tomlin is coming off a fantastic game against Seattle and he had a pretty good year last year for the Indians going 12-7, Tomlins era usually averages around 4 and with Mendoza ranging anywhere from around 7.00 this year to 1.23 last year in 14 innings pitched, to 8.67 in the only year he has really has been in the majors very long, back in 2008. He had an ERA of 22 and 36 in 2009 and 2010 but he pitched all of 5 inning in the majors those years. I expect to see some runs and I think the Indians take this series.

I will be on the Indians -1 run line when it comes out. You may want to check on the status of Choo before you look at this game, Indians are missing some good hitters but I dont think it will matter against Mendoza.

Rays -1.5 +130 risk .25

The Rays send out Matt Moore who has struggled this year but he is facing Jerome Williams, a 30 year old pitcher I have wagered against before this year against the Yanks and who has been around. Williams had a real tough game against the Yankees but looked alot better against Baltimore. Before that he was coming off a rehab start for class A inland empire. His ERA right now is 7.71 and he has tended to struggle with road games. The Angels are turning into one of the worst stories of the baseball year, they just cant hit the ball. I don't think Williams is the guy to stop the sweep today.

Tigers -1.5 +110 Risk .75

The Mariners just are continuing their dominance over the tigers from last year. Bizarre how one team can have another ones number( tigers are 2-9 in last 11 home meetings with the Mariners) but I dont think Noesi is really a starter and I think his stats and especially his last start prove that. He barely lasted an inning against the White Sox and while he did look good against the A's , the Rangers knocked him out in the 3rd inning.

I just dont see the Tigers getting swept at home against the Mariners ,especially with Noesi on the mound. Porcello is actually coming off a very rough start himself but has gone 3-1 against the Mariners with a 3.16 era and he had a pretty solid year last year. The Tigers are really playing some bad baseball right now but they are too talented of a team with too many bats to be swept at home by the Mariners. Tigers manager Jim Leyland had a great quote, " People are beating up on us and enjoying it. Sooner or later we wil get tired of it."

Swept at home by the Mariners and Noesi?
    Last edited by gregm; 04-26-12 at 12:17 AM. Reason: YTD should be 86-67

Sick_in_the_Head
    Tx Rangers bitch!
    Sick_in_the_Head's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2826

I love your rays pick. Angels are garbage.

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

I hope the Rays get it done sickie, Moreno must be having a heart attack with all the money he spent. They are building themselves a pretty large hole to the best team in the majors, the Rangers. The Angels were not down 8.5 games to the Rangers until late in the year last year and we have only played 18 games. LOL

Indians -1 risk 1.17

Tigers -1 -152 risk 1.52

Rays -1 -110 risk 1.10

tb1984
    tb1984's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1083

BOL

mgt_3
    mgt_3's Avatar Become A Pro!

Be careful Angels steal one today. Angels + 143