cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

Home Brewers check in

Where are you guys? While alot of people are chasing hard boiled eggs with snot nosed children, I am working on my third beer today. I feel confident that I am ready to step into intermediate and advanced brewing, so today I am changing the recipe some to experiment with the pleasures of brewing

The first beer I brewed last summer was a smoked porter, which turned out delicious, and is better even today. I just had one last week and I have to say the taste has changed significantly. Last week I opened the porter to celebrate the finalization of bottling my 2nd batch of beer, a rouge dead guy ale. This DGA should be ready to drink in a few weeks, just in time for the wanee festival. I will most likely save the majority of it for the middle of football season.

Today I am doing a oaked imperial stout, in which I will infuse blueberries into it during the peak of fermentation (3-4 days)

I will post pictures here later of the progress and would be very interested in hearing anyone else's experiences brewing and any recipes you care to share.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Jon Cheers!

philswin
    philswin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4640

I have a Chimay Red clone fermenting right now. Just cracked my first Black Lager. I have done about 25 beers so far.

EDDIE MONEY LINE
    Get duckets
    EDDIE MONEY LINE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3311

can't wait to see some of the pics...good luck

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

I have no knowledge of this, but it seems like a hobby I'd enjoy.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

A buddy of mine enjoys brewing, I enjoy drinking it.