SportGTI
    Update your status
    SportGTI's Avatar Become A Pro!

It doesn't matter what I wager on. I cannot win

I had one last game tonight. I scoured the lines and found one that looked good; Dodgers -109 for the FF. I placed a wager (very small wager because I'm tired of losing for the day). I straddle in and begin to enjoy a good baseball game. Dodgers come through for an early 1st inning run. Good start but I know it means nothing. The game reaches the fifth inning with my Dodgers up 5 - 0. I feel good and feel happy that I'm going to finally get an "easy" win; one where I don't need to sweat out any 9th inning bases loaded jams.

All of a sudden, bases are loaded with 2 outs. Still a 5 - 0 game, I feel secure. Walk; 5 - 1. Reliever comes in and throws 8 straight balls (that's 2 walks and 2 runs) to make it 5 - 3. Reliever comes in and throws a wild pitch bringing in one more run; 5 - 4. He does get ahead of the count (1 - 2) but decides its time to hit the batter to load the bases. It's 5 - 4 with bases loaded again. He gets ahead of the Odog with a good strike. Next pitch, lines a single to drive in a run to make it 5 - 5. Only silver lining is that the next runner (go ahead run) gets thrown out at home plate.

So, i'm up 5 - 0 in the bottom of the 5th inning (final inning for my wager) and leave with a draw because with 2 outs and no runs in, the padres score 5 runs with 1 f***** single.

I'll make sure to post my next wager because if you place the opposite, you'll guarantee walk away with profit.

alex_DC
    alex_DC's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dont worry man , I went 0-9 but today got it all back...wait for the right game and pound the stupid bookies

SportGTI
    Update your status

Thanks alex_DC. Glad to hear that you got it all back. I hope you're right that I'll find the right game, but I just don't feel like I can win a single wager right now.

BOL to ya
    Points Awarded:

alex_DC gave SportGTI 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

try to look on the bright side, you would have lost instead of pushed if not for Gwynn throwing out Hundley at the plate

SportGTI
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by ProfaneReality View Post
    try to look on the bright side, you would have lost instead of pushed if not for Gwynn throwing out Hundley at the plate
    At this point, it almost feels like a loss. I can understand a 2 or 3 run lead blown. but 5 runs??