gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Saturday Picks ( 8-5 +5.88 )

I am too tired to get down much of a writeup here.

Mariners -111 risk 1.11

This is the second game I have seen with the new look A's and I am not impressed at all. I know some people thought Oakland might surprise people this year but I just don't see it. This number really stood out to me with Felix on the mound at this price against Colon. Bartolo had a good game in Japan against Seattle and has good numbers overall against the Mariners but I will take this number on Felix facing this young team any day of the week. That under may be worth looking at but Seattle actually was hitting the ball well tonight and may actually show some offensive numbers this year. Maybe.

Braves -105 risk .50

The Braves looked awful hitting the ball in the season opener, I am just going with the pitching matchup here and getting some value on this line with the Braves troubles at the plate. Small wager for me, I didnt like the way Jurrjens has been throwing the ball this spring and the way he finished up last year and these Brave bats need to wake up before I will wager much on this team.

Rays -123 risk 1.23

Good number on Price here up against Kuroda. What was wrong with Mariano today, that situation may be worth looking at this year with the public always over valuing the Yanks.

Rockies -116 risk .50

Everyone will mention the age and the surgery, but Moyer looked great in spring training and had a good year in 2010 for a 47 year old man. This young astros team is in for a long year but this game is probably a tossup with the pitching matchup and Moyers layoff. Just going with the better team here.

Dodgers +104 risk 1

I really don't understand this line on a team like the padres and Moseley. The Padres are missing Kotsay and Quentin and I just dont know where the runs are going to come from.Keep in mind Moseley was only 3-10 last year but had a 3.30 ERA. When you have hitting like the Padres behind you, you are not going to win games.

I will wager the Angels -1 and the Phillies -1 run line when it comes out. You cant contain Pujols for very long here, and the Angels finally came alive tonight after 8 innings, Weaver looked stellar as usual. Haren has some excellent numbers against the Royals and has looked very sharp in spring training,
    Last edited by gregm; 04-07-12 at 12:59 AM.

gregm

Adding Angels -1 -144 risk 2.88

Phillies -1 -137 risk 1.37

1 more unit on dodgers +102

gregm

Final plays for the night. Haren really got smacked around and the angels are going to need something more than the rally monkey. The Braves are still not hitting the ball, they havent started 0-2 in 4 years.

Colorado Rockies -127 risk 1.27

Bucks (nba) -4.5 -110 risk 2.20

Rangers -1 -131 risk 3.93

Padres/Dodgers u3 2nd half -125 risk 3.75
    Last edited by gregm; 04-07-12 at 10:09 PM.