WPS2012
    WPS2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

Am I crazy for wondering this ?

Very new to baseball betting so be easy on me. Actually yesterday was the first time I have ever bet on baseball (went 3-1 somehow). I know this is far fetched and probably a ridiculous thought, but I was thinking If someone were to bet all the unders for today's games, would there even be a chance in Hell they could profit? Just for this day. Only once and one time only. I wanna say the over has hit 2 outta 8 games so far and tomorrow Weaver, Lincecum,Sabathia, Shields are pitching. In my opinion just from watching baseball over the years, it takes time for alotta hitters to get back into the swing of things and adjust to the pitching and get their timing down (unless your Pujols). During the first few weeks pitchers in general seem to be ahead of the hitters. Square MLB bettor here, in the process of learning so you wise guy baseball bettors be easy on me now. Just was wondering if it could produce profit at all. Probably highly unlikey, is what I'm guessing.

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

Over under is usually split about 50-50. Yesterday was strange (could easily have been 8-0 unders) and it might be worth betting all unders today with all the aces pitching. The juice will lean towards the under most likely so you will need to do better than 50 percent winners to make a profit. I personally would take whatever you plan on betting on all the games unders and just pick a few...

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13998

c/o wp you do have a pt. about pitchers being ahead of hitters in april be careful and selective /e.g.i noticed 1 game today has over/under at 9.5 runs i.e. chisox/texas /now just speaking for myself i play a lot of fantasy bb and stack at times w moderate success /i pick 1 or 2 teams and use their players only except maybe the sp /today iam using angels/yanks//sp. jared weaver is 10-1 in april /sabathia will have stron outing plus stud hitters pujols/granderson/cano/teixera etc./nice slate today gl wp /oh v.i.p. money management ok

WPS2012
    WPS2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

Appreciate the feedback!