Covy
    Covy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1430

Covy's MLB 2012 thread

Looking to keep track of my plays for this year.

Played two games today: Phillies and Jays but since it wasn't documented, it won't count for the official use of this thread.

I try to play teams with -140 or less MLs. I don't do run lines. There will be occasional times where I may play a -200 line, but there will have to be slam dunk reasons to play.

I've felt that baseball was my best sport by far, so I am looking to prove this.

Friday 4/6/12 0-0 0 units

LA Dodgers +120 1u

Dodgers came off a good win last night.

Billingsley is on the mound for them against Corey Luebke. The Dodgers faced him 3 times last year, giving him two losses and a ND in the third game. Luebke is also a better road pitcher.

Billingsley went 1-1 last season vs the Padres with a 1.38 ERA in two outings.

Arizona Diamondbacks -115 1u

When I first saw this line, I was immediately all over the Giants. However, I overlooked how Lincecum didn't win any games last season vs the DBacks. Kennedy went 3-0 in 5 starts with a low 1 ERA against the Giants last season.

NYY/Tampa under 7 -115 1u

Opening day for both teams. I see it taking course with the majority of the games yesterday and being a pitching duel while offenses sputter to start the 2012 season. These teams can easily explode for 7 runs in an inning, but they can also play 1-0 games. I see a 3-1 final here.
    Last edited by Covy; 04-06-12 at 01:40 PM. Reason: added NYY Tampa under

Covy

Saturday 4/7/12

2-1
    +1.2 Units

Here is the place to go for MLB lineups. It is far and away the best and earliest place to get them.

http://baseballpress.com/lineup.php

Toronto/Cleveland o 8 runs 1u

Cleveland has had success against Morrow last season, and I am banking on Ubaldo being less then stellar against a HR happy Blue Jays.

Atlanta Braves -110 1u

Jair Jurrjens had a hot start last season before he cooled off tremendously in the second half of the season. I attribute that to a young pitcher getting fatigued as the season goes on. Jurrjens faces RA Dickey. Both these pitchers were not very successful while facing the teams that they pitch today. I am going with the better pitcher and lineup in this game.

I will add more plays as the day goes on.
    Last edited by Covy; 04-07-12 at 11:44 AM.

Covy

Tuesday 4/7/12

3-2
    +1.1 Units

Here is the place to go for MLB lineups. It is far and away the best and earliest place to get them.

http://baseballpress.com/lineup.php

I took the past two MLB days off to see how certain teams were playing. This leads me to my plays tomorrow:

Yankees -130/o 9.5 parlay 1u

The Yankees are coming off a win vs a pitcher who they've hit well in the past. While they won 6-2, they were outhit 13-11 by the Orioles, which shows signs of life in their bats. On the mound for New York is Freddy Garcia, who is 2-0 in four starts vs the Orioles in 2011. Garcia however usually got hit around by the Orioles. The O's start a newcomer Wei Yin-Chen, who got shelled for 7 runs in 5 innings last week by the Rays. The Yankees are a better team all-around, and two pitchers who tend to get hit have me choosing this play.

Arizona Diamondbacks -105 2u

Incredible value here. The Diamondbacks are coming off a sweep of their rivals at home, and their offense can be considered one of the best in MLB. They start Trevor Cahill, who is that guy who will go 6 innings and give up 2 runs. They oppose Edinson Volquez and the Padres, who just lost 2 out of 3 at home vs the Dodgers. Volquez took the loss in the season opener. The powerful Arizona offense should chase Volquez early and win comfortably.

Covy

Wednesday 4/11/12

4-3
    +2.0 Units

Early Plays: Boston Red Sox -115 1u

Lester on the mound for Boston opposing Ricky Romero. Lester had a good season debut, but Boston's quiet bats hurt him. He went 3-0 in 5 starts last season vs Toronto. Romero had a rough start to his season and has given up 17 ER in 23 innings vs Boston last year. I like Boston to take this series.

Cardinals/Reds u 7.5 runs 1u

Two good pitchers in Jaime Garcia and Johnny Cueto square off. Both these pitchers were extremely successful against the teams they are facing today. This has the potential to be a 1-0;2-0 type of game.
    Last edited by Covy; 04-11-12 at 11:29 AM.

Covy

leaning Giants for the late play

Bluedragon
    Bluedragon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 531

Quote Originally Posted by Covy View Post
    Wednesday 4/11/12

4-3
    +2.0 Units

Early Plays: Boston Red Sox -115 1u

Lester on the mound for Boston opposing Ricky Romero. Lester had a good season debut, but Boston's quiet bats hurt him. He went 3-0 in 5 starts last season vs Toronto. Romero had a rough start to his season and has given up 17 ER in 23 innings vs Boston last year. I like Boston to get their first win of season.

Covy

ahh yes...just looked it up and saw they took the first game of series. Heard some trash talking yesterday saying how Red Sox were going 0-6 like last year so I assumed they were without a win still. Thanks for pointing it out, will fix it.

Covy

Monday 4/16/12

5-4 +1.85 Units

Detroit Tigers -190 8 units

I don't believe in locks unless a game is truly fixed. The Tigers at -190 is the closest thing I've seen to a lock in my two years of betting MLB. I mean it. Verlander 13-2 in career vs Royals. Duffy with 0-2 record with high 5s era vs Tigers last year(rookie year). Royals have lost last 6 at home when he pitched also.