BuckeyeT
    BuckeyeT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

Its Opening Day For the Cleveland Indians....

And they have already been mathematically eliminated from the playoffs...

Maleku
    Maleku's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 301

lol... I hope the Jays get it done today.

hydrosmak
    Update your status
    hydrosmak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 471

Indians fan checking in. Another year of hoping to see some promising prospects take the next step.

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

i think that the under has some solid value so long as we don't get an over ump. weather should be high of 50, wind 10-20 mph from NNE, so flag in right center should be pointing in pretty hard. Tribe struggles against lefties, and both pitchers throw plenty of ground balls.

hydrosmak
    Update your status
    hydrosmak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 471

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTFinancial View Post
    i think that the under has some solid value so long as we don't get an over ump. weather should be high of 50, wind 10-20 mph from NNE, so flag in right center should be pointing in pretty hard. Tribe struggles against lefties, and both pitchers throw plenty of ground balls.
    Sharp observation, they certainly do and never seem to do anything about all the lefty bats in the lineup.

dodger33
    Kershnasty
    dodger33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

The Indians have some nice sticks in their line up but you are exactly right. They struggle big time with lefties. I like Masterson to handle the Jays. Under is worth taking a second look at here.

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by hydrosmak View Post
    Sharp observation, they certainly do and never seem to do anything about all the lefty bats in the lineup.
    front office being unable to get out of its own way is a recurring theme here.

dodger33
    Kershnasty

Biff who is that in your avatar?

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by dodger33 View Post
    The Indians have some nice sticks in their line up but you are exactly right. They struggle big time with lefties. I like Masterson to handle the Jays. Under is worth taking a second look at here.
    Masterson being able to contain the hot Jays lineup is my one concern. that said, they were hot in spring training, and stepping outside this morning, it's not the kind of day that's conducive to hitting (certainly will feel nothing like spring training). esp early in the season, my #1 indicator is the flag in right-center as i have a good view of it from my office. if wind and weather maintain, and we don't get an ump with a really small zone (Masterson needs room to work), under will be the play. no rush though as it looks as if we'll get a shot at 7.5 if we wait.

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by dodger33 View Post
    Biff who is that in your avatar?
    Amanda Knox, aka Foxy Knoxy

dodger33
    Kershnasty

I like the inside info. 7.5 in that weather you are describing sounds good to me.
    I knew she looked familiar just couldn't place it.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

They should of signed Ramirez and Thome

Redscot
    Redscot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5802

Biff Tee wishing you the best this season . I had some reservations on that Tribe under, namely, Masterson and Romero both outperforming their advanced stats last year... Masterson having a very shaky spring and Romero only logging 11 innings all spring. I think the ump's strike zone could be pivotal here as you pointed out. On the other hand the weather info you provided favors the under and Cleveland's LHB's should almost all be platoon players (it's a joke).

I lean over in Cincy, what are your thoughts there?

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2500

as bad as that division is,im not so sure ,looks like the minor league

BiffTFinancial

red alert, red alert: Tim Welke behind the plate in Cleveland. it pains me to do so, but i'm passing on the under. i still think it goes under (wind here is ridiculous today, and from the NNE, perfect for under), but i see Masterson struggling with Welke's small zone. have never played an under with T Welke and not about to start today.

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by Redscot View Post
    Biff Tee wishing you the best this season . I had some reservations on that Tribe under, namely, Masterson and Romero both outperforming their advanced stats last year... Masterson having a very shaky spring and Romero only logging 11 innings all spring. I think the ump's strike zone could be pivotal here as you pointed out. On the other hand the weather info you provided favors the under and Cleveland's LHB's should almost all be platoon players (it's a joke).

hey, redscot, good to see you, pal. i have not capped MIA/CIN yet. i had plotted out my day as Braves early, Tribe under middle then Dodgers tonight. need to rethink things (esp since i don't fade Tribe and i can't justify playing them here with Welke calling Masterson), will post up with my thoughts in a bit.

RoadDog
    I'm not negative, I'm a realist
    RoadDog's Avatar Become A Pro!

I just saw the news on Welke too. He's an awful ump for unders. Was really thinking about adding the under along with the Jay at -125, but just gonna stick with the Jays.

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by RoadDog View Post
    I just saw the news on Welke too. He's an awful ump for unders. Was really thinking about adding the under along with the Jay at -125, but just gonna stick with the Jays.
    yep. there are some over umps that i'll play under with (and vice versa) but T Welke is not one. i still think that it goes under because of the weather (and the Tribe lineup), but his small zone could really squeeze Masterson, who needs room to work. with Welke, Masterson will walk some guys and find himself in some jams, and it will only take a few timely base hits to screw the under. i do think that this makes the Jays an even more attractive play, but i can't play it. i will fade the Tribe some times this season, but not today.

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by Redscot View Post

Redscot,

i lean over in Cincy but i like the Reds better, may take them -1 or parlay with Dodgers. couple of things: (1) wind from LF at 15 mph, (2) Marlins played night game in South Florida last night, then had to fly to Cincy for afternoon game - that's never good (and the offense looked like complete dogshit last night), and (3) i just don't like taking overs early in the season. i mean, we have over umps in both early games and look how much trouble those teams are having putting up even a single run. BOL whatever you decide.

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTFinancial View Post
    Redscot,

i lean over in Cincy but i like the Reds better, may take them -1 or parlay with Dodgers. couple of things: (1) wind from LF at 15 mph, (2) Marlins played night game in South Florida last night, then had to fly to Cincy for afternoon game - that's never good (and the offense looked like complete dogshit last night), and (3) i just don't like taking overs early in the season. i mean, we have over umps in both early games and look how much trouble those teams are having putting up even a single run. BOL whatever you decide.
    McClelland behind the plate in Cincy - good news for over if you play it Redscot.

dodger33
    Kershnasty

Thanks for the info biff! I too will stay off the under.