Albert Pujols
    Albert Pujols's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

The "Phillies are a lock" people were dead wrong

Regardless of what happens tomorrow. Cards outhit the Phillies 12-7 and left 14 on base. Larussa single- handedly gave that game away, or the Cards would have closed them out at Busch.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Congrats you out hit them. Doc in game 5. Good luck. Doc one of the best pitchers ever, I think he is a great game for the Phils. You are going to need your pitching to step up, and hope pooh-holes can get a homerun with a guy on base. To make it close.

But, i am complexed on who i want to win that series., As a brewers fan, i hate the cards. They are such full of shit, every person on that team. So I want them to lose, but if they win we get home field, and then we could kill them at home in the first two games. And win one @ stl, and end it in game 6.

But, either way I will be happy.

MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

Whoa......

The same can be said of the Phillies.....

They were up a game, and led 3-0 with Cliff Lee pitching, and let the Cards back into it.

I mean, let's be honest. Your username is Albert Pujols----you think that may have something to do with the way you are looking at this?

Albert Pujols

Quote Originally Posted by neverstoppers23 View Post
    Congrats you out hit them. Doc in game 5. Good luck. Doc one of the best pitchers ever, I think he is a great game for the Phils. You are going to need your pitching to step up, and hope pooh-holes can get a homerun with a guy on base. To make it close.

But, i am complexed on who i want to win that series., As a brewers fan, i hate the cards. They are such full of shit, every person on that team. So I want them to lose, but if they win we get home field, and then we could kill them at home in the first two games. And win one @ stl, and end it in game 6.

But, either way I will be happy.
    The feeling is mutual. We hate you, but would love for you scrubs to win so we can beat you in Beer Bowl.
    Points Awarded:

BigDan gave Albert Pujols 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Tech N9ne
    Tech N9ne's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm not machine

I just Albert

Albert Pujols

Quote Originally Posted by MartinBlank View Post
    Whoa......

The same can be said of the Phillies.....

They were up a game, and led 3-0 with Cliff Lee pitching, and let the Cards back into it.

I mean, let's be honest. Your username is Albert Pujols----you think that may have something to do with the way you are looking at this?
    So if you lead early and lose, it's a bad beat? And if you trail and then come back it's luck. Okay. Typical for a gambling forum.

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

why do people pronounce pujol pooh-holes?

someone that knows spanish will tell you its pronounced more like pougiol,

MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Pujols View Post
    So if you lead early and lose, it's a bad beat? And if you trail and then come back it's luck. Okay. Typical for a gambling forum.
    No, but you used the same argument for cripes sake.

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

too early for this thread but we will see tmrw, the come back kids should give it their all

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by neverstoppers23 View Post
    Congrats you out hit them. Doc in game 5. Good luck. Doc one of the best pitchers ever, I think he is a great game for the Phils. You are going to need your pitching to step up, and hope pooh-holes can get a homerun with a guy on base. To make it close. But, i am complexed on who i want to win that series., As a brewers fan, i hate the cards. They are such full of shit, every person on that team. So I want them to lose, but if they win we get home field, and then we could kill them at home in the first two games. And win one @ stl, and end it in game 6. But, either way I will be happy.
    The cardinals are full of shit but you can root for a team with nyjer morgans dumbass, a setup man who bitches he's not closing, prince who said this is his last year in milwaukee?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BigDan

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    The cardinals are full of shit but you can root for a team with nyjer morgans dumbass, a setup man who bitches he's not closing, prince who said this is his last year in milwaukee?
    scumbag philly fan

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by onetrickpony View Post
    scumbag philly fan
    Me? No, im rooting for the cards in this one

Albert Pujols

Quote Originally Posted by MartinBlank View Post
    No, but you used the same argument for cripes sake.
    I'm not the one that said the Phillies were a lock. And a win is a win. I'm just saying that it very easily could already be over, and tomorrow the Cards are playing with house money. Phils bettors are sweating their -280 nuts off.

gamble
    gamble's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3984

ha whole lotta silence from all the people saying the phils would sweep, where you at now

priskilla22
    priskilla22's Avatar Become A Pro!

IF the Phillies still win, they still were a lock. 3-0 or 3-2, both cash.

laclippers504
    laclippers504's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

Quote Originally Posted by gamble View Post
    ha whole lotta silence from all the people saying the phils would sweep, where you at now
    People on here seem to run & hide when they are wrong

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1812

I trust my bet on Halladay. If he loses, that sucks.

Bongo
    Bongo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Is -175 a fair line for a lock?

Of course it is when it wins.

drfunkmaster
    printing it
    drfunkmaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1065

Cardinals win...

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7178

I think it will be a very good game Friday night. I call this one a toss up but the line maker is making Philadelphia a big favorite. -180 is pretty high for the playoffs.

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

sharps hit stl opener at pinny, same as they hit detroit yesterday...watch yourselves tomorrow boyzzz...

priskilla22
    priskilla22's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cards better get to Halladay early or 8 innings will go by and they'll have zero runs.

1017BrickSquad
    1017BrickSquad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4273

Holliday is going to play a big part tomorrow..watch

Bongo
    Bongo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I like the Over 6.5 -125, looking for each team to get their 3 and its a winner.

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by priskilla22 View Post
    Cards better get to Halladay early or 8 innings will go by and they'll have zero runs.

dont recall a gm that Doc has pitched against stl where they didnt get a few across, maybe im wrong on this but i can think of 3 gms this season and they scored in them all. one of them the whole damn team was on the dl.

conversely after Cards get a few across what you think gonna happen to phils? ill tell you what, their assholes are gonna pucker up so tight and they be pressing the rest of the gm while their fans sit there in complete stupid silence wondering what went wrong.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Carpenter was lights out against the Phils on regular season. Let's see how he pitches today.

Adm. Cowpollock
    Adm. Cowpollock's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like STL ovr 3. Halladay is a great pitcher, but he’s susceptible to surrendering a couple especially to a hot hitting & opportunistic StL lineup. StL has not scored less than 3 in its last 8 games. I can see StL putting up 4 in this Game 5 pretty easily. Or at least 3 to push, which I couldn’t complain about.

<O</OAlso like StL to win, especially with a sweet +168 ML. Carpenter may not be quite the caliber of pitcher that Halladay, but he’s close and can show up big on any given gameday. His September stats just about match Halladay’s -- .215 ERA, 0.98 WHIP .219 BAA. Don’t forget Carpenter’s Game 2 disaster was on short rest.
    <O</O

Phillie bats have been silent, StL has the momentum, Phillies have all the pressure. LaRussa is a better manager than a**clown Manuel. It’s a repeat of the Detroit NYY Game 5 waiting to happen.

<O</OGo StL.

BennyFang
    BennyFang's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10582

Quote Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
    dont recall a gm that Doc has pitched against stl where they didnt get a few across, maybe im wrong on this but i can think of 3 gms this season and they scored in them all. one of them the whole damn team was on the dl.

conversely after Cards get a few across what you think gonna happen to phils? ill tell you what, their assholes are gonna pucker up so tight and they be pressing the rest of the gm while their fans sit there in complete stupid silence wondering what went wrong.

Think about how puckered Motte's ass will be coming into the bottom of the 9th with a one run lead against the mighty Phillies having to face the likes of Rollins, Victorino, Utley, etc with a crowd going crazy. I'd give it 50/50 that he would have poor command and, with the way the Phillies work counts, he starts giving free passes left and right...then it's a snowball. It works both ways.

True, the Cards have been playing with their backs to the wall, and their attitude has been nothing to lose, everything to gain; although, when you get to an elimination game in the playoffs with a hostile crowd, there is pressure and quite a bit to lose.....on both sides.

For the Cards to win, they will have to go through Halladay and Carpenter will have to absolutely shut down Philly to the point where St Louis has a multiple run lead going into the late innings.....much like yesterday.

Lastly, ump favors the under....Halladay may be the very best at expanding the strike zone east-west with the command he possesses. Anyone know his stats with this ump?

All that said, the play if any is the under...BOL.

Adm. Cowpollock
    Adm. Cowpollock's Avatar Become A Pro!

Don't forget Halladay didn't exactly distinguish himself last postseason vs. the light-hitting Giants ... surrendering 8 Hs and 4 ERs in 7.0 IP ... at Philly. The -173 line on the Phillies is insane.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Average Ttl runs scored against Phila when Halladay starts last 3 games VS Cards per game = 4

Average Ttl runs scored against St Louis when Carpenter starts last 3 games VS Phillies per game = 2

Best play IMO> Un 7

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

So if the Phillies win tonight and go on to win the world series, are the people who said they were a lock still wrong?

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5536

st louis a good value play much like detroit last night. also were the right play on the series line, phils were way overpriced. should be a great game tonight, kinda lean to the over myself.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

If the Phillies offense shows up then no team in baseball can beat them. That's the key for the Phillies, their offense. If Chase Utley, Ryan Howard, Shane Victorino, Hunter Pence, Jimmy Rollins go off, they win every time because of their outstanding pitching and defense.

I think it's the key to betting tonight's game as well. If you believe their offense shows up tonight, well then case closed bet the Phillies.

If you don't then take St. Louis.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68207

There are no locks in playoff baseball.

Anything can happen and often does.

Be careful guys.

BroDog73
    BroDog73's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers View Post
    If the Phillies offense shows up then no team in baseball can beat them. That's the key for the Phillies, their offense. If Chase Utley, Ryan Howard, Shane Victorino, Hunter Pence, Jimmy Rollins go off, they win every time because of their outstanding pitching and defense. I think it's the key to betting tonight's game as well. If you believe their offense shows up tonight, well then case closed bet the Phillies. If you don't then take St. Louis.
    Pretty much any team whose offense goes off wins the game, stupid comment!

12 Last