Betpoints: 26

BookiesBernanke
    BookiesBernanke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

I am on it

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

I was really surprised you weren't on Tampa yesterday. Good luck here, I think Kennedy chokes but BOL

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post
    I was really surprised you weren't on Tampa yesterday. Good luck here, I think Kennedy chokes but BOL
    Was so close to pulling the trigger on tb

gohabsgo
    gohabsgo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

very tempting to back kennedy

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10464

iam sure your right lb , but i was done on the home team here , gl

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

I really like this pick. I think this stage will be too big for Gallardo. Daimondbacks may be good money makers this postseason.
    Points Awarded:

lakerboy gave WvGambler 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

gshock1
    gshock1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 750

Like this pick.

Pick'nParlays
    My Wifi Name is PrettyFly4aWifi
    Pick'nParlays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 738

bol LB!

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Crazy bet IMO. Brewers play @ home to open up the playoffs. They have dominated at home all season, and they have their Ace on the mound with Gallardo. Besides Upton there really is not a guy in that line up that I see Gallardo having trouble with.
    I will take the brewers -1.5 in this one. I see this being a big win for the brewers, and our stars, act like stars today.

neverstoppers23

Quote Originally Posted by WvGambler View Post
    I really like this pick. I think this stage will be too big for Gallardo. Daimondbacks may be good money makers this postseason.
    Too big for him? You know he pitched game 1 of the playoffs for us in 2008, and that was his first game back from a season long injury.

You got Ian Kenndy some scrub who is having a great year, but yet you think he is going to have a good game playing @ Milwaukee. I think you got your facts mixed up sir.

Looking back at the game according to baseball reference he pitched 7 innings and had 0 ER. 3 runs scored because of errors.
    http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...allayo01.shtml

thefonzo
    thefonzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5373

Why would this stage be too big for Gallardo but not Kennedy? ? Gallardo pitched game 1 in '08 at Philly, coming off his ACL tear. He has also been a much better home pitcher. And he knows the crew only needs 6 innings to get to the bullpen, so there is no concern over a high pitch count due to alot of K's

thefonzo
    thefonzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5373

Beat me to it neverstop

WvGambler

Quote Originally Posted by neverstoppers23 View Post
    Too big for him? You know he pitched game 1 of the playoffs for us in 2008, and that was his first game back from a season long injury.

You got Ian Kenndy some scrub who is having a great year, but yet you think he is going to have a good game playing @ Milwaukee. I think you got your facts mixed up sir.
    You're right. He pitched a game in 08. He's a regular Andy Pettite.

WvGambler

I will more than likely lay off this game, but if I were to play it, I would rather have the dbacks at that number.

Sorry guys. It's an opinion.

WvGambler

Ian Kennedy is just a scrub having a good year? He's a former first round Yankee draft pick. Yea this is his break out season but to claim he's a scrub gives off the impression that you picked this game up this year.

Jedi Mind Picks
    Jedi Mind Picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

on it for 1x
    taking TB for 2x

neverstoppers23

I will more than likely lay off this game, but if I were to play it, I would rather have the dbacks at that number.

Sorry guys. It's an opinion.
    Um, sure thinking the d-bags will win is an opinion. But saying this game is too big for Gallardo, is just wrong because he has pitched a game when he was 22 years old, pitching @ philly, game 1, and he pitched 7 innings and allowed 0 ER. On a day where he did not have his command because its his first in 5 months, so he had 5 walks. To have 0 ER is very impressive.

I am not saying he is some great post-season pitcher. I never said that. You are going to both extremes. There is a middle ground you know.

If the stage wasn't to big for him in 2008, pitching @ philly, first game back off a tore ACL. Game 1, first time in the post-season in 25+ years. I highly doubt this game, at home, in game 1, when he has been healthy all year would be too big for him.

But obviously you don't care about logic, you will just probably come back and say what you wrote is an 'opinion'. So it doesn't have to make any logical/pragmatical sense.

WvGambler

My thought just isn't clouded with homerism. That's all. Relax guy. You're right. Gallardo is a lock here.

Bob Loblaw
    Bob Loblaw's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2069

I don't understand the logic of because Gallardo started game 1 three years ago that this stage can't be too big for him. You guys realize that Gallardo walked 5 that game and didn't make it past the 4th inning? He had started 21 games + 3 long relief appearances in his career before that game and never walked as many as 4 in any of them. Perhaps the stage got to him that day in Philly?

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead
    rfr3sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 604

why would you take the home team -1.5 neverstoppers

neverstoppers23

My thought just isn't clouded with homerism. That's all. Relax guy. You're right. Gallardo is a lock here.
    My thoughts are not clouded in "homerism".
    They are based on the past performance, and facts of the situation.
    Again, you are going to both extremes. First with the dumb-ass Andy P comments now with you saying Gallardo is a lock.
    Again, there is a middle ground.
    There is a difference between saying, the game is not too big for him, and saying he is a lock.

You still have not answered the most basic question there is, if the game was not too big for him in 2008, with all the variable factors why would this game be. Just answer that, because it makes zero sense.

You act like I am just throwing random facts out there, and random shit, saying omg gallardo is gonna throw a perfect game. I have given you nothing but facts of his performance in 2008.

WvGambler

Well Ian Kennedy is a scrub too because this guy never heard of him before this year.

the_orangekat
    the_orangekat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

I played the D-Backs TT O 3 -120, GL all.

neverstoppers23

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    I don't understand the logic of because Gallardo started game 1 three years ago that this stage can't be too big for him. You guys realize that Gallardo walked 5 that game and didn't make it past the 4th inning? He had started 21 games + 3 long relief appearances in his career before that game and never walked as many as 4 in any of them. Perhaps the stage got to him that day in Philly?
    LOL. It, was his first game back from an ACL tear. Literally his first game back, no Minor League Rehab Start, no Start at the end of the season, no appearance out of the bullpen. That was his first start/ appearance that day. Since April Whatever, the date he got hurt.

neverstoppers23

Well Ian Kennedy is a scrub too because this guy never heard of him before this year.
    Again, I never said that. It seems like you are the one who is the homer, because you have to resort to making things up and twisting my comments to make your opinion look correct.

the_orangekat
    the_orangekat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Scrub, are you high? Are you some 'newbie' to baseball? I'd love to take your action all day.

neverstoppers23

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    He didn't make it past the 4th inning? Hmm. I thought baseball-reference might have been wrong too according to them he had pitched 7 innings that day and that didn't seem right, esp. coming off an ACL tear. Where are you getting your stats from.
    Never mind, i see where i went wrong. Base-ball reference had his two appearances in the post season lumped into one game.

Bob Loblaw

LOL. It, was his first game back from an ACL tear. Literally his first game back, no Minor League Rehab Start, no Start at the end of the season, no appearance out of the bullpen. That was his first start/ appearance that day. Since April Whatever, the date he got hurt.
    No, it wasn't.

He started September 25th vs Pit. He didn't walk 5 that game.

Bob Loblaw

He didn't make it past the 4th inning? Hmm. I thought baseball-reference might have been wrong too according to them he had pitched 7 innings that day and that didn't seem right, esp. coming off an ACL tear. Where are you getting your stats from.
    Never mind, i see where i went wrong. Base-ball reference had his two appearances in the post season lumped into one game.
    Yahoo

He went 4 innings in his start. Then he went 3 innings in relief 4 days later when they were already down 5-0.

neverstoppers23

Quote Originally Posted by the_orangekat View Post

Scrub, are you high? Are you some 'newbie' to baseball? I'd love to take your action all day.
    LOL, okay okay. Geez guys, maybe 'scrub' is a little bit extreme. My mind was clouded by anger with calling out my boy Gallardo.

WvGambler

Gallardo Postseason stats:
    k/9: 5.14
    BB/9: 6.43

control is absolutely a factor when dealing with nerves. Sure his era was stellar in his postseason appearance(s)...but he was far from having ice water in his veins. I said I thought the stage was too big for him and you jumped to his defense like a homer. If you think one playoff appearance 3 years ago proves ANYTHING for either side, then this debate is over anyways because it's going no where.

Good luck to Gallardo...hope he brings you joy. Just open your eyes to your Ian Kennedy comments, and then ask which one of us is going to extremes

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Not a bad play, kennedy is awesome

WvGambler

Too big for him? You know he pitched game 1 of the playoffs for us in 2008, and that was his first game back from a season long injury. You got Ian Kenndy some scrub who is having a great year, but yet you think he is going to have a good game playing @ Milwaukee. I think you got your facts mixed up sir. Looking back at the game according to baseball reference he pitched 7 innings and had 0 ER. 3 runs scored because of errors. http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...allayo01.shtml
    So what you meant was "you got Ian Kennedy who is a very talented up and comer"?

certainly you can understand my confusion here

123 Last