ksatch
    Stripper Faceplant
    ksatch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3052

Tigers @ Yankees

Crunched some numbers that you guys might find interesting. Dating back to 2006, Verlander only has one win in 5 starts at Yankee stadium with a 4.46 ERA. This includes his only postseason start at Yankee Stadium in 2006 where he went 5 innings and gave up 3 ER for the ND. For a guy that averages over 7 IP, he usually only pitches 5 or 6, only meeting his average once in 2009 in a 2-1 loss. Yankees have covered the RL twice and ML twice with Verlanders only underdog win coming in 2007.

On the other side of the coin, Sabathia has two wins and a ND in 3 appearances against the Tigers in the Bronx since putting on the pinstripes. Sabathia has been pretty dominant with a 1.8 ERA with the Yankees winning all three games (covering the RL twice and ML once).

Head to Head : in the four times they have faced each other, Sabathia has gotten the best of Verlander with a 3-1 win advantage. Out of the four games, two were in Yankee Stadium with Sabbathia winning both, covering the RL once and ML once.

Yankees -127

Jmdurbz
    Jmdurbz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm on ML too ... BOL

iMxth3xbossx5000
    iMxth3xbossx5000's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

Verlander scares the shit out of me man.I believe he's the # 1 ranked pitcher in all of MLB right? I know the Yankees very, very well - I watch all of their games and I can just be straight up about this.... the reason the Yankees are such an elite team is because of their ability to hit homeruns. They are a deep hitting team and when Curtis Granderson has an off day, the Yanks struggle... It's gona be tough for NY if Verlander is in the zone

ksatch
    Stripper Faceplant
    ksatch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3052

Verlander is on pace for the five frame 105 - 120 pitches, tacking on an ER for good measure. Things are progressing nicely. Just need Sabathia to live up to the numbers