lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7624

Yankees series price -147

I am taking the yanks on the series price. I am not going to take the chance of them losing game 1 and hoping for better value. I see the yanks winning game 1 and this number will not be available again. Way too many people are taking Det cause the line is low and Verlander is pitching game 1. CC is not chopped liver and i dont see det doing much against him despite there record versus him. Verlander hasnt exactly been a playoff pitcher with much to show in the postseason. Det starts on the road with two games on Friday and Saturday night at yankee stadium. This is a tough environment and while i think verlander can hold his own if he doesn't win game 1 det is finished. Dont let the last month fool you. This yankee team is very very good. They are stacked form top to bottom with proven veteran players and still have 3 of the most clutch playoff performers off all times. The yanks bullpen has been untouchable all year long and a lead after the 6th is very safe. I like what the tigers have done so far and i see them as being a solid team who unfortunately for there sakes ran into the better team. DO NOT underestimate how good this yanks team is.

Yanks series price -147 (5x)

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    I am taking the yanks on the series price. I am not going to take the chance of them losing game 1 and hoping for better value. I see the yanks winning game 1 and this number will not be available again. Way too many people are taking Det cause the line is low and Verlander is pitching game 1. CC is not chopped liver and i dont see det doing much against him despite there record versus him. Verlander hasnt exactly been a playoff pitcher with much to show in the postseason. Det starts on the road with two games on Friday and Saturday night at yankee stadium. This is a tough environment and while i think verlander can hold his own if he doesn't win game 1 det is finished. Dont let the last month fool you. This yankee team is very very good. They are stacked form top to bottom with proven veteran players and still have 3 of the most clutch playoff performers off all times. The yanks bullpen has been untouchable all year long and a lead after the 6th is very safe. I like what the tigers have done so far and i see them as being a solid team who unfortunately for there sakes ran into the better team. DO NOT underestimate how good this yanks team is. Yanks series price -147 (5x)
    Who are they?

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Who are they?
    You cant be serious can you?

Jeter
    Posada( limited role now but will play)
    Rivera

t-wizzle

I was waiting to see who the third was. Jeter and Rivera were givens.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

You cant be serious can you?

Jeter
    Posada( limited role now but will play)
    Rivera
    Jeter and Posada are irrelevant now.

Verlander as a rookie pitched the Tigers to the '06 WS.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Jeter and Posada are irrelevant now. Verlander as a rookie pitched the Tigers to the '06 WS.
    How can you call Jeter irrelevant? Still at the top of the lineup and he hit .300

lakerboy

Jeter and Posada are irrelevant now.

Verlander as a rookie pitched the Tigers to the '06 WS.

HE was 1-3 in the playoffs that year with a 5.82 era.

HE didnt do squat in the playoffs. HE was 1-3 and got blown away in both world series games.

Jeter is a clutch playoff player. Didnt he hit .297 this year?

MidgetTossers
    MidgetTossers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1501

i am all over this too pal...lets get it...

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by MidgetTossers View Post
    i am all over this too pal...lets get it...

Good stuff. Hopefully no else is agreeing with me.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

HE was 1-3 in the playoffs that year with a 5.82 era.

HE didnt do squat in the playoffs. HE was 1-3 and got blown away in both world series games.

Jeter is a clutch playoff player. Didnt he hit .297 this year?
    I'd say Verlander of '11 is a little different than Verlander of '06. I'm just saying he has World Series pitching experience.

Jeter can't deliver in the postseason forever. I'm not buying him as a significant figure in this series.

lakerboy

Fair enough. At the end of the day Jeter could go 2-17 in this series and one of those hits could be the one that decides the series. Its not about his hitting only. He has that playoff schtick. HE knows what to do at the right time.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Fair enough. At the end of the day Jeter could go 2-17 in this series and one of those hits could be the one that decides the series. Its not about his hitting only. He has that playoff schtick. HE knows what to do at the right time.
    Tigers have guys like that too. Maybe not on Jeter's level, but this isn't the first dance for guys like Cabrera, Martinez, Guillen, etc.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Let me ask you this LB -- if the Tigers steal one of the first two, who will pitch the Yankees past them in Detroit? Burnett? Garcia? Colon?

rickbo528
    rickbo528's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1931

I seem to remember the "not so clutch" performances vs Rangers last year in the ALCS. Other than Lee last year Ranger starters were inexperienced but they shut down the Yanks for much of series. Verlander is hands down the best pitcher in baseball right now. Don't care what he did in 2006. This is 2011.

lakerboy

Let me ask you this LB -- if the Tigers steal one of the first two, who will pitch the Yankees past them in Detroit? Burnett? Garcia? Colon?

Its all good the tigers can win one in new york and still lose one at home. You think one of those pitchers have to pitch a perfect game in det to win. You think the yanks cant smoke det pitching? Garcia has been decent enough all year.

I doubt the yanks are too concerned with porcello or scherzer.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Its all good the tigers can win one in new york and still lose one at home. You think one of those pitchers have to pitch a perfect game in det to win. You think the yanks cant smoke det pitching? Garcia has been decent enough all year.

I doubt the yanks are too concerned with porcello or scherzer.
    I think the Yanks will have trouble in Games 1 and 2 offensively. Verlander and Fister have been as good as anyone in baseball since mid-August.

Doubt we'll even see Porcello. Scherzer is an X-factor in this series; he has electric stuff, but you never know which Max will show up.

lakerboy

I think the Yanks will have trouble in Games 1 and 2 offensively. Verlander and Fister have been as good as anyone in baseball since mid-August.

Doubt we'll even see Porcello. Scherzer is an X-factor in this series; he has electric stuff, but you never know which Max will show up.
    So you are saying the yanks will get swept? Cause porcello is the starter in game 4.

lakerboy

and btw fister is a scrub. yanks will slap him around. guy has no clue what is about to hit him.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

So you are saying the yanks will get swept? Cause porcello is the starter in game 4.
    For sure? Why wouldn't Verlander pitch Game 4?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

and btw fister is a scrub. yanks will slap him around. guy has no clue what is about to hit him.
    Since Aug. 16, Fister's given up 8 ER in 6 starts. Total.

I'm not saying he's an ace or capable of keeping up those numbers, but he's no scrub either.

lakerboy

For sure? Why wouldn't Verlander pitch Game 4?

Det has already said he pitches game 5. Arent you following here pal? No 3 day rest starts for verly.

lakerboy

I'm not saying he's an ace or capable of keeping up those numbers, but he's no scrub either.

In which one of those games did he play the yanks?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Det has already said he pitches game 5. Arent you following here pal? No 3 day rest starts for verly.
    My bad -- I had Game 4 written down as Oct. 5.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

In which one of those games did he play the yanks?
    He saw them once this year -- 7 IP, 3 ER, 5 K. I think he can hold his own vs. Nova, who's a rookie making his first big postseason start.

lakerboy

He saw them once this year -- 7 IP, 3 ER, 5 K. I think he can hold his own vs. Nova, who's a rookie making his first big postseason start.
    Was that in Seattle? Has he ever pitched under the bright lights before?

Listen bud i know we are both fans of the respective teams but you seem pretty sure det is the better team here. The books have set it up that way as well. Yanks have value for the first time in ages. You think a guy like me would lay juice unless i thought it was a winner?

Reener77
    Reener77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7006

In his last 8 starts, Fister has faced Cleveland 3 times, KC 2 times, Oakland, Minnesota and Tampa Bay. Any of those offences instill any remote bit of fear?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Was that in Seattle? Has he ever pitched under the bright lights before?

Listen bud i know we are both fans of the respective teams but you seem pretty sure det is the better team here. The books have set it up that way as well. Yanks have value for the first time in ages. You think a guy like me would lay juice unless i thought it was a winner?
    Never said that. I have no idea who will win this series.

All I know is that there will be a lot of runs scored.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Reener77 View Post
    In his last 8 starts, Fister has faced Cleveland 3 times, KC 2 times, Oakland, Minnesota and Tampa Bay. Any of those offences instill any remote bit of fear?
    I never said Fister would shut down the Yanks. I think he has a decent chance to pitch just as well -- if not better -- than Nova in Game 2 though.

Where it goes after that is anyone's guess.

Allure
    Allure's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15121

People kept playing the Yanks during the regular season like crazy, laying heavy juice most of the time. Now, when it is really getting interesting playing the Yankees, people lay off and play the opponent instead.

Give me CC in game 1 and the Yanks for the series.

isotopes
    isotopes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

While you have to respect Detroits lineup and you have to respect Verlander a ton this year. . . . .

This is probably the best odds that you will get on taking the Yankees at home in the Playoffs with CC on the mound, hard to pass up. This isn't a regular season game, this is a Yankees home playoff game, the Yanks know how to get it done and CC wants that $27 mill a year contract and is going to earn it.

There is a ton of value in the yanks tonight